Part 22

Five years ago

Blade POV

My body was not healing well. Cruella had not visited me in two days. Her friend Mia had come over and gave me food and water. She had left some behind but my body was still too weak. My mind was still mush. I had no idea who I was. A door opened and I panicked since no one came to the cabin so late. Maybe someone would rescue me. I began to move and bang my feet and tried to make sounds even if my mouth was stuffed with cloth.

The visitor had a lamp or a flash light. The inner door to my room was open and the light was flashed in my face. I could not see the new arrival. I moved hoping this person was my saviour.

'Have you missed me?' I groaned recognising the voice of my greatest tormentor. What was she doing here so late?

She took the light off my face and lit a hurricane lamp. The room now had a soft glow. She was smiling at me as she came closer. She placed a bag on the floor and stood over me. I knew I was vulnerable but somehow her presence strengthened me.

'So my little dog.' She said surveying the room. 'Mia was nice enough to feed you. I hoped you gave her a woof to say thank you.' She laughed at her sick twisted humour.

'Do you want to know why I'm here?' she asked. I kept staring at her; I had become numb to her barbed wire words.

She removed a breadstick from the bag and threw it on my chest. She was pure evil.

'You want food, maybe a nice shower, some clean clothes and a warm bed?' she was looking at me her words taunting me over and over with each breath.

'I will give you your freedom tonight dog; I'm in a giving mood today. My father bought me this really cool car; you would not believe all the things it has included. It practically drives itself. Everyone will envy me.' She boasted coming to stand over me. She stooped and picked up the breadstick as she passed it around my stuffed mouth.

'So since I'm so happy, I will let you go on one condition.' She continued and I wasn't surprised evil witch always had conditions.

'I give you a head start but if the patrol guards catch you, you end up in our dungeons, deal?' she asked her green eyes sparkling in the dim light. I nodded it was better than being chained to a floor.

'First you have to be nice and if you attack me, it's game over.' She took out a black box thing and held it in her hand. 'No sudden moves.' She released me feet first and then my hands. I took off the gag and sat up. My body was still weak. At the moment I just wanted to leave, I would come back for this witch when my body was stronger.

'There are clothes and trainers in the bag put them on.' She ordered backing out of the room.

I felt filthy but I did as instructed putting on the clothes. They consisted of grey jogging bottoms and a black t shirt. The trainers were a bit snug but they would do.

I came out of the smaller room to find Cruella standing near the kitchen counter still holding that black thing in her hand. My movements were slow and measured. The bigger room was small with an open plan. It had all the amenities needed for a relief shift. Somehow I knew that patrol guards used these places in between shifts or during attacks. I could remember basic things but who I was and where I lived still escaped my mind.

She pointed to the door, 'Any sudden moves and this Taser will shock you and I guarantee that you will be dead before you hit the ground.'

I moved toward the exit and opened it slowly, 'That's it leave.' I stepped onto the small porch and the full moon shone brightly. My prison cell had no windows. It was good to be out in the open again. I wanted to shift but my wolf was hurt. I would have to walk to freedom. As the full moon bathed me I felt my body tingle and I jolted as something passed through me.