Part 7

Becca POV

I hated my mother for about a day but working in the school was actually cool. I now had more followers. The girls lapped up whatever I said. Who knew I was great with kids?

I was great at everything. Tessa was also assigned to the school so at least I got to see her more often. Mia was helping in the café/ bookshop and she loved it. Clare was part of the coaching team. Only Ann hated her role in the kitchen. She was complaining that her nails were being ruined but she was preparing such excellent dishes that she soon stopped her complains after the compliments started raining down.

I had been given the task of organising the end of summer camp party. In this event all the summer camps would merge and have a huge celebration. I had to ensure that it was the bomb because there were packs from all over attending plus a few Alphas would make the trip. I had to show the rest of them how great the Full Moon Pack was.

The highlight of the party was that the males would shift and hunt. I know I'm a werewolf but the hunting thing was just gross. I mean eating raw meat was like eww.

Anyway, that was for the males to show off their macho skills. I was more of a sparkles and frills kinda girl. Males shifted when they turned fifteen but we girls fortunately changed at sixteen. My birthday was a few months away and I dreaded the change.

'Clare can you get your brother Mark to be a bouncer. He is just so fit.' I asked my friend who smiled.

'Mark would do anything you tell him to, the nit.' Mark had a huge crush on me. It was no secret that he fancied me and frankly I used his affection to get many favours from him. I didn't want a boyfriend, I was too popular for that but having guys at my beck and call, well that was more my thing.

So far the summer was going well except for a few bumps at the beginning. Briana had stayed and although I was extremely nice to her, I ensured she kept her distance. She talked too much. Since she was 'a guest' she did not have a job but she often came to help us in the school. The annoying thing is that she appeared to love working. What is wrong with these Scottish people?

My mother had conceded on my new dress for the summer party. The dress cost over £1000 but since I had convinced my grandparents in France to send it for me my mother had no say in the matter. Technically I had not spent any money.

Everything was ready and I was pretty chuffed. My white creation was full of sparkles and swirls. I was easily the most beautiful girl in the ball. I surveyed my court and so far so good nothing was going to ruin my night to shine.

Blade POV

The summer camp had been taxing. We were now second to Liam's squadron I had underestimated his team a bit. They were fighters and with most of the challenges coming down to the wire between our teams used up more energy than we should have used. Tonight was the final challenge the Hunt. Although Liam was ahead by 15 points if we won the fifty points bonus would propel us into the lead. We would win by a 10 point margin since second place was awarded 25 points.

Tonight was the grand finale. I had a lot planned. Bree had kept me updated on the green eyed witch and I could not believe it when I saw her appear with clipboard in hand directing people like she was some queen. She was beautiful her dark hair and green eyes really made her shine in her white sparkling dress but all I could see were those evil eyes as they had taunted me in that cabin.

'This is it guys remember we win the Hunt tonight, just push hard. You have the plan and we know where the game is so we need to execute it just right. Although Liam knows this place well we have the added advantage of looking at it with fresher eyes so no mistakes and keep in contact at all times.' I pumped up my team as we lined up ready to enter the arena.

Alpha Trent took to the stage.

'Good evening all tonight ends the summer camp for the young. It is the finale of the squadron finals. I applaud all of you for the efforts you have out in over the last few weeks. This training will make you better wolves and better leaders. I also want to welcome the Alphas who made the trip here today Alpha Eric of the Thunder Shadow Pack, Alpha Nathan of the Blood Moon Pack, Alpha Declan of the Irish Moon Pack, and Alpha associate Giles of the Lycanshire Pack.' The applause was deafening as persons hooted and chanted.

'I turn you now over to Ben Neems our esteemed Alpha warrior of the Night Star pack.' The applause was mega.

Ben began by praising us and outlining the achievements we accomplished during the camp.

'I now would like to well the squadrons into the arena.' Cheers greeted us as we walked in. I was walking proudly when I caught the eyes of no other than Becca Jerome, the green eyed witch. She smirked at me and I gave her a warm smile. Her brows came together as she wondered at my response. Let her wonder she had no idea. We now stood lined up in front of the stage.

'The final challenge is the hunt. Game has been strategically placed around the perimeter. In wolf form each squad must try to capture as much prey as possible. It will not be easy as there are traps and obstacles. The team with the most game will win the challenge!' I perked up as I watched Becca, she tore her gaze away from me and I laughed.

'Now squadrons shift!' we also howled as we shifted. I stood proud in my black wolf, my coat shiny in the dim light. I let out a howl as my team followed. 'Now you have 45 minutes to complete this challenge. BEGIN!' A gunshot went off as we exploded out of the arena.

'Remember guys keep to the plan.' I mind linked everyone. As we separated into four groups, two groups of three and two pairs. Ralf and I went to the western perimeter where we finished all preparations for the night ahead. The others were already on the hunt. Some squadrons had the do or die approach such fools. Since we had been scanning the area from day one we knew where the game had been placed. It was easy to find. Ralf and I joined the hunt after everything was done. We collected our kill it felt good capturing the animals at our disposal. I was a skilled hunter and knew how to capture and kill as quickly as possible.

The whistle sounded and it was time. My group made it back barely breaking a sweat. We saw the pride on Liam's face he had captured many game and he strutted like a peacock as his team brought in their catch.

We let the fools enter and place their game in the ring. Just before Ben made it to the stage walked in. Since we had known the drop locations we had taken most of the game before the others had found them. We had left a token amount for them. Their eyes widened as we walked in and dropped our catch. I could see Liam's face harden.

The chants were flooding the arena as we were announced as Champions. I let the adulation come to me and we celebrated to the full.

'Well done my son.' My father clapped my back after we received our medals.

'Thanks Dad.' I was beaming.

'Your son is a fighter after last year I was concerned but it seems the incident made him a better fighter and leader.' Ben Neems had joined our group and his praise meant a lot to me. 'For a seventeen year old you're brave with a good head on your shoulders. If your Ole man here ever wants to send you my way. We would love to have you on the Warrior squad.'