Part 30

Becca POV

Why?' I asked wondering what my mate was up to.

'The prophecy says we will have a child, we have not used any protection since we mated, so you could already be pregnant.' I looked at my mate in shock. It had never occurred to me that we were not using any protection. Somehow neither of us didn't think to use a condom. It was like someone or something wanted me to get pregnant. Apart from the valcans or Lycans some other force was around. Could it be fairies? They had remained in the background for centuries preferring to dwell in an alternate realm where they were free to live and use their powers. The initial curse on the Lycans was by the Queen of fairies maybe this was all part of the prophecy.

'I feel used in a way.' I said and Blade raised himself up to look at me.

'How?' he asked with concern in his voice.

'I mean if we are part of a prophecy and forces are operating around us, aren't they just using us for their will? We are like puppets on a string being manipulated by other supernaturals. Right now I don't feel like we are the dominant species.' I said softly as Blade appeared to be mind linking someone.

'Dr Ambrose will see us in thirty minutes.' Blade said aloud.

'But I mean it's too soon. It's only been two weeks since we first mated.' I defended not wanting to be pregnant. I was only twenty. Blade and I had never discussed children even if we had practiced making them quite a lot.

'Becca, shower.' Blade reiterated and I wriggled my eyebrows at him.

'Are you saying I smell?' I asked pouting my lips.

Blade swooped and picked me up, 'I am saying' He put me down when we entered the bathroom, 'that we need to be sure. I will not have your life put in any unnecessary danger especially if you are carrying my child.'

I smiled hearing Blade's words warmed my heart. We were mates and we had a turbulent past but I was feeling more comfortable with him. Was I falling in love with Blade? I looked at him his eyes shining brightly as they stared at me. I tiptoed to kiss him and he stopped my progress.

'Becca, get in the shower and stop tempting me.' He said letting me go and leaving me bereft in the bathroom.

Dr Ambrose was waiting for us as we entered her office. I delayed the meeting as much as possible to Blade's chagrin as I made it my duty to visit the injured pack members in the hospital. Some were badly burnt and although as werewolves we healed quickly. Two things hurt us easily: silver and fire.

I guess Van Gogh knew this centuries ago when he enlisted the assistance of the valcans to defeat the werewolves. Similarly whoever had attacked us knew this as well. The burns would take longer to heal and so I comforted my pack as best I could. It was heart breaking to see so many suffering and if the books were right it was all because of Blade and I. This hardened my guilt but firmed my resolve.

'Have a seat.' Dr Ambrose invited us. I slowly sat in one of the brown leather chairs facing the doctor. 'Alpha tells me you want to do a pregnancy test.'

'Well, he does but it's too soon, I think.' I said not looking at the man sitting beside me holding my left hand tightly in his.

'Actually tests are quite advanced and since we only take seven months to have a full term pregnancy, we can determine if you have conceived seven days after that time.' Dr Ambrose was a professional and I hated that she was right.

'Good, so can we do it now.' Blade said squeezing my hands slightly. My stomach tightened as I nervously collected the vial from the doctor.

'I will also take a blood sample Luna after you return.' I took the small clear vial and walked slowly to the toilet. Blade followed me in and I turned to look at him.

The Ulti-Mate RevengeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara