Part 37

Blade POV

I was livid with Becca for pulling this stunt. How could she be so careless and put her life and our baby's in danger. Her grandfather claimed he knew nothing of her whereabouts but we had footage of them in an airport in France. Channon had spoken to Clare's brother Mark in France and he was not willing to divulge any information. However CCTV showed him on a plane and in a train with the quartet.

I threw the cup of coffee I had on my desk. Rebecca had surely done it now. I could not believe she would defy me like this.

'Son, any word?' my father asked coming into the office. He looked at the remains of the cup on the floor and sighed.

'We will find her, we know she is with her grandfather so at least she is safe.'

'Safe? She is pregnant dad, with my child and she runs off to another country. She put herself and the child in danger. I know we need to solve this valcan problem but if the Grand Meeting could not, who says she can. She should have never left me!'

I threw a paper weight this time. It bounced off the wall and fell intact. I growled.

'Son, we both know Rebecca is headstrong, the history between you two is volatile at best. Right now we just need to keep searching, we know basically where she is and with who. That makes it much easier.' I tried to take in my father's words but all I could feel is emptiness. Rebecca had left me. I felt abandoned like I did in that cabin all those years ago. Then it hit me, I was in love with her. Although I was sexually attracted to her and we were mates but what I was feeling for her was deeper. I loved her. I held my chest and sat down. I felt a bit lightheaded.

'You just realise it now I see.' My father said and I looked up at him. 'Yeah when I understood that I loved your mother my world also stopped. I am happy you love her, she is your forever.'

I leaned back on the chair, 'right now I want to throttle her for running off no matter how well intentioned she thinks what she is doing is, it is still wrong for her to leave me alone.'

My phone buzzed and I looked at it. The number was unknown. I held up the phone for my father and he nodded. I put it on speaker as I also began to record the call.

'Hello,' I answered cautiously wondering who was calling.

'Blade.' The voice of the woman I wanted more than anything flowed through the phone and I almost lost it.

'Rebecca, where are you?' I demanded of my mate.

'I'm safe Blade.' She replied hesitantly.

'I demand you return home right now. Channon is in Lille, tell me where you are and he will bring you back.' She had to listen to me.' So where are you?'

There was silence before she responded, 'Blade I'm not coming back.'

'What? Rebecca may I remind you that you are pregnant with my child and you are my mate, so get your butt on the next flight and come home or I am coming over there to get you!' I was beyond livid. I stood up frustrated with my mate.

'Blade I'm sorry but we are close to finding out who is helping the Lycans until then I have to remain where I am. The girls will be coming back. I have to go. I'm so sorry. I will call again soon. I love you Blade.' The line went dead.

'I can't believe this, she is really pushing it.' I was pacing because I was so angry with Becca. This was more painful than what she had done to me in that cabin. I felt like my heart was being wrenched out of my chest. How could she do this to me?