Part 32

Clare POV

'Clare, you are my mate and we must complete the bond.' Channon told me. His imposing figure stood a few feet from me. I refused to give in to the 'bond'. Why should I commit myself to a man I did not know?

'I beg to differ but I do not want you as my mate.' I said staring him down. He looked at me and we continued to stare at each other neither of us willing to give in.

'Listen, you are my mate, so stop being stubborn and come here so I can mark you and we can mate and move on.' Channon told me looking a bit annoyed.

'So it's like that huh? A job?' I was more than peeved. I knew I was a bit of a tomboy and acted tough. That was only because I had older brothers who constantly nagged me but that did not mean I was not feminine inside.

I refused to succumb to the robot looking at me. He was so stiff no wonder Becca called him a tool.

'Clare, do not make me repeat myself.' Channon repeated firmly. He was clenching his hands and I knew that he was trying to control himself.

I looked around the quiet forest, it was getting dark and the place was beginning to look a bit eerie. There were huge ominous trees surrounding us and frankly Channon was creeping me out more than the surroundings.

'I am sorry but I refuse to just be marked and be used as a pup carrier. If you want me then I suggest you work hard for me mate.' I issued the challenge and Channon's temper finally blew its lid as he morphed into a huge grey wolf. I barely had time to shift before he was on my heels. My brown wolf danced through the dense bush trying to avoid the angry wolf chasing me. The only solution was getting back to the compound. I knew there Becca would save me from my loving mate.

The problem was that I was lost and the buffoon following me knew more about the place than I did.

I stopped suddenly and Channon came crashing into me.

I changed back and stood proudly in front of him.

'Change.' I commanded and he did. Oh my he was toned and big everywhere. I almost caved.

'Now listen, I am only going to say this once. I do not belong to this pack and I am never going to belong to this pack. My family live down south and there is no way I am ever going to live in this dump of a pack. Now get me back to the compound so I can go back home.' I told my mate who was huffing at me.

'Clare, you are female now just submit and let's finish this!' Channon must be crazy! He did not just imply that I am weaker than him.

I was livid and just launched myself at him. We tussled but he was able to pin me beneath him. We lay there out of breath our chests heaving with my hands restrained above my head. Channon sat up and his eyes focused on my bare chest. His eyes glazed over and I knew his wolf was itching to come out.

'You would not dare!' I cautioned him as he growled at me. I had no option but to kick upwards but he was swift and deflected my aim. Now I was totally immobile beneath a mate who was yearning to have sex with me.

His breath became shallower as he stared at me.

I could see the conflictions going through his eyes. He seemed lost, unsure what to do next.

He looked at me closely and I knew then that he was just as inexperienced as I was.

'You've never been with a girl before have you?' I asked him and his faced reddened. I laughed.