Part 12

Becca POV

'Let me organise the party Mum, it's the least I can do to show how thankful I am for accepting me back.' I said at the dinner table.

'Oh Honey, that is just great. You have become a fine woman.' I nodded shyly at my Mother's statement feeling a real joy at the words.

'Yeah, it's too creepy; I can't even be mean to you anymore. It's not right.' Liam stated and I laughed. He had become a fine man. He was taller and much more muscular. He looked the part of an Alpha. My father had all but given him most of the responsibilities and from what I had seen over the last two weeks; Liam was doing a great job. It seems I was not the only one who had changed.

'You seem to fit the Alpha role very nicely. The changes around here are quite impressive.' I told my brother who swelled like a peacock. 'Please no ego.'

My father remained quiet as we continued our meal. He had not said much to me since my return and I was unsure where I stood with him so I was going to let him make the first move. I know the incident with Blade shattered his picture of me and it hurt him. The look in his eyes that night still haunted me. It was one of such pain that was one of the reasons I had decided maybe to give the 'good' girl thing a try. I had to show him that he could be proud of me again.

After dinner, I helped my mother clear the dishes. I was putting the plates away when my mother asked me to give my father a cup of coffee.

My body froze and my mother came up to me and held my shoulders. She turned me to face her, 'He has forgiven you, he just doesn't know how to say it. Go on.'

I looked at my mother trepidation flashing in my eyes. She pulled me in for a hug, 'He will always love you. You are still his little girl. He knows that we all make mistakes but you have redeemed yourself and he knows that. Don't be afraid.'

'I am so sorry Mom for everything, for hurting you and shaming the family.' I said as I let the tears flow. My mother wiped them away.

'You were young and a bit foolish but you are my daughter and I know that maybe we indulged you a bit. I take full blame for that but you are good. Deep inside you have always been a good person; I mean look at you now. You have become a beautiful smart and exceptional young woman. I am so proud of you.'

My mother's words touched me a lot. The change had been worth it. Maybe I was a bit spoilt before and wrapped in myself. I had seen that when I was in Alaska when all privileges had been taken away. I was not a princess but on the same level with everyone in that School. I had no rank, no status and no seniority. I was just another offender that taught me a lot about myself, my family and I was better because of it. Maybe going away had been worth it.

I took the cup of coffee and proceeded to my father's office. I knocked on the door and his gruff voice told me to enter. He did not look up at me. I walked purposefully toward him and placed the cup on his desk.

'Hope you enjoy it.' I said and my father looked at me for the first time. His eyes were sad.

I bowed slightly and turned toward the door.

'Becca.' He said and I paused mid stride. I turned around and he had stood up.

'Yes Father.' I said eagerly hoping for some reaction from him.

'The last four years have been hard for all of us. I hope your time away was not in vain.' I looked at my father, his face was hopeful.

'I will not disappoint you again Dad. I'm so sorry.' I said my head bowed as I felt arms go around me. I hugged my father as I felt his love shine again.

'You did well Becca. I don't think I can lose you again like that.' I smiled through my tears.

'I will make you proud of me Daddy. I will definitely do that.'

I left my father's office happier. We had mended fences and that healed me some more. I sat on my bed with my new laptop and accessed the internet. Technology had changed so much in four years. I had a party to plan and I wanted it to be the best ever Alpha crowning ceremony ever seen.

I drove to my friend Ann and Mia's house; we were going last minute shopping. My parents had allowed me to plan the party and I had to make sure everything was just right.

'Clare is running late as usual, she said she had a client and well we know the real reason is that she hates shopping!' Tessa mumbled opening the door of my red Mercedes SLK convertible. Ann and Mia entered with Ann riding shotgun.

'We will meet her at the shopping centre then.' I said not bothered. Clare was Clare.

Ann pulled out her mobile as it pinged and began texting. The joys of having a mate. I thought.

'Have you finished the feature design Tessa?' I asked looking at my friend in the rear view mirror.

'Yes, she was up all night working on it, changing things that were perfect over and over again!' Ann moaned.

'It was not perfect, the changes I made Becca are so much better.' Tessa added. I drove to the mall with the girls talking nonstop; it was just like old times.

We walked into the centre and Clare rushed to greet us.

'Hiya.' She said not looking the least phased by her lateness. Clare was a beautiful girl but she insisted on dressing like a man. If she styled her hair and put on some makeup and put on dresses she would be a knockout but she liked her look and used it to intimidate men. I guess growing up in a household with three older brothers and an exercise freak of a father she had no other direction to go into.

'Come on girls, it's my first great shopping trip, let's go!' I directed headed for the shoe stores.

'I am famished.' moaned Ann as she ate her second cheese wrap.

'Me too.' Agreed Clare digging into a cheeseburger. She could wolf down so much food in one go.

'I totally loved the red strapped sandals.' cooed Tessa.

'My green ones will look so cool with the cotton dress.' I approved munching on a chip.

'Yeah they will just make your eyes sparkle Becca.' added Tessa.

'Hello Ladies!' Adam said before pulling Ann off the chair and spinning her around.

'Put me down!' she screamed as Adam attempted to kiss her.

'If you give me kiss!' Adam challenged and Ann softened and the two started to snog like there was no tomorrow.

'Hello, we are eating over here!' Clare shouted but the couple continued oblivious to anyone around them. Adam was a professional rugby player and they had met when Adam's team was in town for a game. Ann attended a game with Clare since her older brother Mark was on Adam's team. Since then the two were at it like rabbits. No wonder Ann was already pregnant.

They finally let go of each other and Ann was feeding Adam some chips. He was putty in her hands. I wanted my mate to be more than just putty but totally submissive. I smiled that would be perfect.

'Becca, this is my mate Adam.' Ann finally introduced me. I shook Adam's hand and he smiled.

'Nice to meet you.' I said as Adam's gaze was a bit too piercing.

'You're not like I pictured, the stories I have heard, well you have quite the reputation.' I looked at Adam my face getting red.

'Um, I was much younger then.' I said quickly in my defence.

'It's all good; I just regret not being there to see the great Alpha Blade Wyatt being bullied by a girl.' Adam laughed.

'Alpha?' I asked. Noone had told me that Blade was already an Alpha. I looked across at Tessa whotried to avoid my gaze as well as the other girls. Figures.