Part 17

Blade POV

We soon arrived at a service stop. It was after midday and I was hungry.

'Use the restroom while I get us something to eat.' I told Becca. 'Noira and Chris will accompany you.' I assigned two of my warriors as Becca's protection. The female warrior was a bonus since she could enter the toilets with Becca.

'Thanks.' Becca said walking in the direction of the restroom.

We had not really talked in the vehicle but Becca had become less tense after our kiss. She had really changed. There were no snappy come backs, no sarcasm. She was compliant maybe a bit too compliant but hey it was early days.

'Becca,' I called her and she turned around. 'What do you fancy eating burgers or chicken?'

'Chicken with salad and sparkling water.' she rattled off her list before resuming her journey. I watched her go purposely before she turned and shouted, 'Some ice cream would be nice too. Thanks.' She disappeared behind the restroom wall and I just laughed.

I was smiling like a schoolboy when I turned around and my men were looking at me.

'She's my mate.' I said as they tried unsuccessfully to hide their own smiles.

Becca POV

I washed my hands and splashed water on my face. My head was pounding. I just wanted to shift to my wolf and run free. I was tensed and I was freaking out at being mated to Blade. He terrified me, the way he looked at me with his hazel eyes blinded me and all I wanted to do was rip his clothes off and have my wicked way with him.

The kiss had been mind blowing. If he touched me again I don't think I could restrain myself and that would be so embarrassing. I mean the guy is hot not doubt baby but with everything that has happened between us I had to tread carefully. All this gentlemanly behaviour could be a ruse to get me to put my guard down. I sighed and Noira looked at me through the mirror.

This morning's goodbyes had been hard. My ever romantic parents all but bundled me into Blade's SUV after a grand family breakfast which Blade had attended.

My mother gave me a hug and a kiss as we stood outside of my home. 'We will miss you but take care and remember to check in with us regularly.'

'I will miss you Mom.' I said tears welling up in my eyes. I did not think I would be leaving again so soon. I felt so cheated.

'Be good my princess and call me if you have a problem.' My dad said enveloping me into a huge hug. 'You are in good hands with Blade.'

I was too choked up to say anything. The tears were filling my eyes and I refused to cry in front of Blade.

Blade came to stand beside me putting a hand around my waist. I quivered and moved away but he pulled me back into his embrace.

'I will take of my mate and always protect her.' He stated fiercely.

'If she gives you any trouble, we are not taking her back.' Liam said joining the farewell. I glared at him before he stepped forward and we hugged. He released me but squared up to Blade and they must have mind linked since all Alpha's could do so between them. Blade nodded and so did Liam.

'Hey stop talking when I can't listen.' I complained and Blade held my waist tighter.

'Have a good trip little sis and be good, I am turning your room into my personal games room so no coming back.' Liam looked me straight in the eyes, 'Make it work Becca.'

'Leave my room alone Liam.' I warned him and he smiled.

It had really been bittersweet leaving so soon after my return. I guess I was not destined to remain with the Full Moon Pack.

'How old are you?' I asked my designated bodyguard.

'I'm twenty five, Luna.' She replied respectfully.

'How long have you been a warrior?' I asked Noira facing her in the mirror.

'One year Luna.' She responded. Noira was very fit with a lean frame. Based on my father's warrior system it would appear that she is a good fighter or she would not be part of the Alpha's personal warriors.

'That is impressive, you must be good.' I complimented her,

'Thank you Luna.' She appeared to be a quite firm.

I was delaying in the toilet. Being in a confined space with Blade was suffocating and his phone call had been shocking. I had almost wet my knickers when he mentioned the bed. I knew we had to mate but somehow I was blocking that thought from my mind. I did not fathom sharing a bed with Blade which meant having sex with him.

Although I was petrified of Blade being near him made my insides turn to jelly. I had wanted to jump onto him and straddle him while we snogged. I shook my head. I hated sexual thoughts. To me they were a sign of weakness.

I removed my make-up kit and started to touch up my face. I looked at my body guard and smiled. Her response was a polite smile. I smiled back and continued with my ministrations.

Hurry up. My wolf whined.

Be patient, I'm almost done. I said.

We need to go back to him. She persisted. She was getting on my nerves.

Oh please! I said exasperatedly, closing my make- up bag.

You look great; now I want to be with him. I miss him. My wolf was growing too attached.

You have to calm down, he is only outside. I replied annoyed that my wolf was becoming so clingy.

Done? She inquired impatiently a few moments later.

Great now go go go. She was still at it. The horny wolf.

Okay bossy. I said as I was exiting the toilet.

A man blocked my path and soon five others surrounded us. When I looked down, I noticed that the guard who had been stationed outside the toilet door was lying on the ground his head tilted at an awful angle. He was surely dead. Unknown to me Noira had already mind linked Blade of our situation.

NoIra POV

Blade we need you, rogues. I screamed through mind link.

I am on my way, stay with Becca. He responded quickly.

Chris is dead. I reported sadly.

Okay but don't let your Luna out of your sight. I will be there soon. 

Becca POV

'Just come with us little girl and we will spare the life of your guard.' The man who was speaking was very tall maybe around 6'4' and lean. He was blonde and had a scar shaped like a crescent moon on his left cheek just below his eye. His all black attire and long coat made him resemble the undertaker from WWE.

'Why would I want to go anywhere with you guys?' I asked boldly.

'You have a mouth on you I see.' The man in front of me stated nodding to the men surrounding us.

Noira pushed me behind her but I forced my way forward. Unknown to most people I was a good fighter and had regularly trained with the warriors in Alaska. One of the men attacked Noira and she was busily fighting him off. The man were bigger but her agility was helping her to evade her attacker.

Two men advanced towards me and I backed away. If I went back into the toilet I would surely be captured. It was best to stay out in the open where more escape routes were likely.

Noira now had two rogues attacking her. I backed away from them looking for an escape route.

'Get her now!' the rogue leader commanded and I froze in fear as a bag was placed over my head from behind. It seems there had been another attacker lurking somewhere else. I struggled but lost my balance and my body was thrown to the ground as my head bounced on the curb I passed out.