Part 38

Blade POV

I could not believe this. The girls appeared to have their memories wiped clean of the incident. It was similar to my memory loss of my attack five years ago. Whoever had Becca was either involved in my attack or had the same powers. I called my father to explain the situation to him.

'Dad, which species can wipe out memories?' I wanted to get to the root cause of this. I felt that the ring leader was right there close to us maybe even in disguise.

'Vampires can but fairies have more of a natural ability to do so.' My father responded

'So whoever is behind this working with the Lycans is either a vampire or a fairy?' this person was powerful and had been manipulating it like Becca had said for years.

'Fairies are peace keepers. Vampires have nothing to gain by joining forces with Lycans. They need us werewolves more.' My father responded but I knew that one of them was playing with us.

'Fine, can you contact the Grand Meeting Fairy and Vampire representatives and see if anyone from their kind has disappeared recently or even five years ago? Anyone who had a grudge or was unhappy?' I paced around the room as the clock ticked loudly.

'That is a good idea son I will contact them immediately.' We rang off as there was a knock on the door.

'Come in.' the door opened and Mia came in.

'Blade, I'm sorry.' She was very nervous. 'I mean I'm sorry for everything that has happened even five years ago.'

Mia had always been the kind one. I sometimes wondered why she had been friends with Becca but I guess people wondered why Ralf was my third in command. He was hot headed and was a joker most of the time. However he was loyal which made him a good warrior.

'It's all water under the bridge Mia.' I told her and she looked relieved.

'Thanks for accepting Becca, she may act all tough but she has a good heart. Becca would only do something if she felt it was her only choice. Alaska changed her for the better but she has always been a good person. I've seen you two together and she loves you. Don't give up on her.' Mia said before leaving the room.

I know. I said to the empty room. I love her too.

It felt good to say those words out loud but I needed Becca in my arms to hear it. I missed her. I remembered Becca's phone call. I needed to at least hear her voice again so played back the record.

I gripped the phone tightly when the recording stopped. I had been so angry with her for not coming back that I had not heard her last words. My heart swelled with happiness as I played the recording over and over. She loved me.

Becca POV

It had been a month and I was pulling my hair out. My pregnancy was moving smoothly. A small bump had started to show. I loved running my hand over it. I did not know how I felt at first about having a baby but feeling my child move around was so surreal. I was bringing a new life into this world and I was happy but I missed my mate. Although I spoke to him twice a week, I missed being with him. It was tough being away from him and the pack but having my grandparents around helped.

Queen Kismet had kept her word and no one could trace me, she had created some sort of shield which hid our presence and location. Although the castle was there, to the casual observer it was just a wide open vineyard of grape trees.

Both Tessa and Adrian had awakened from their hypnotic state. Tessa had been summoned to France since she was my main protector. I would be happy to see her again. I enthusiastically awaited her arrival later that day.