Part 24

I had summoned a meeting of all leaders. I entered the dimly lit room with heavy oak panelling room. This building had been in my family for centuries. It boasted of our lineage and power. I surveyed the pictures of my ancestors that lined the walls. I had to continue our legacy. My body had become weaker yesterday and I knew that they had fully sealed their bond. Time was of the essence. The stupid rogues had failed in their duty. They needed to kidnap the girl after the mating but their stupid leader had been too eager and had disobeyed my requests. He had learned the hard way not to defy me.

There were six people sitting around the table. They were sombre and looked tired and drained. The process had begun. I sat at the head of the table gauging my audience; they looked at me with expectant faces.

'The mating has taken place and the process has begun,' their faces now drooped even further.

'We need to exterminate them now!' one of the circle shouted.

'They do not know what power their unity brings and how they can control us.' I said. 'It is best we do this carefully. Their union determines our existence.' I stood up and walked around the table.

'For hundreds of years we have lived protecting our beings but this century the moment has come.' I stopped and looked at my friends who I had known for centuries. They looked tired and hopeful but as their leader I was in charge. I wanted my people to survive this threat to our very existence. 'The prophecy is coming to light. We must act before their bond generates the sanctum.'

'Since they are mated the union is stronger. Five births yesterday were all stillborn. Our people are beginning to die.' The lone woman at the table said.

'Therefore, we need to prepare. I have summoned one of our allies. They will begin the war. Gather your people and attack. The more we come at them the less time they have to regroup. Remember if one is hurt the other will feel it more. So we must act fast to kill them. Just one will do and the other will perish soon after.' I challenged my people.

'We are fighting for survival, the Moon Goddess cursed us but we need to prove to her that she cannot win.'

My men nodded each knowing the severity of this mission. 'We will no longer hide but attack openly. Forget rogues, we use our powers but be careful not to drain yourselves as the central forces are unbalanced right now. We will fulfil this mission ourselves and prove once and for all that we are superior to werewolves.'

The table cheered as we transformed and ascended into the night.

I awoke refreshed, I turned to look outside. The sun was not very high, it must be early morning. I sat up, I was alone in bed but Blade's scent was strong on me. He had slept next to me last night after the welcome party. I stretched my arms over my head and realised that I was naked.

Did we have sex again? I vaguely remembered that sometime during my sleep I had felt my body being touched....

'Argh!' I screamed.

I thought I was dreaming! I thought to myself.

Oh no it was definitely real. My wolf murmured sleepily.

Huh, you surfaced didn't you? I challenged my wolf.

I had no choice. He was so near and I couldn't resist his scent. It is so musky. My wolf purred.

You are becoming a sex maniac. I reprimanded her.

He is our mate, having sex is what mates do plus it is so out of this world who can deny us that bliss. My wolf unashamedly said.