Part 13

Becca POV

'Yeah, Alpha Blade Wyatt, he is pretty big news these days. I mean the guy was a Warrior Squad member and now he is like the ultimate Alpha. He could snap a wolf's neck even in human form. He is a legend.' Adam continued to talk revealing a lot about the legend Alpha Blade and my friends had the guts to look sheepish.

'Why did you guys keep this from me?' I mind linked them and silence came back to me.

'We're sorry but we felt given the circumstances not talking about him was for the best.' Tessa eventually responded.

'Especially now that he is regarded as one of the best Alphas in the werewolf kingdom.' Clare revealed and I was floored.

'I mean the guy hurt all of us Becca. Not only you.' Ann said and I crumbled. We had we had all received punishment because of what we did to him. I guess they were right.

'Fine, it's not like I would see him anytime soon.' I conceded as we continued our meal.

'So Adam where is Alan?' Mia asked looking around for her mate.

'He is parking the car.' He looked at Ann. 'I could not wait to see my girls here so I came over first.' Ann was going to have a girl.

'That was rude!' Mia said 'My poor Alan.'

'Did I hear my name, my lovely?' Alan appeared with his dirty blond looks that were rugged compared to his smooth sweet talking dark haired twin. They were fraternal twins and although they shared the same womb that was as far as the similarities were. Both were tall and very muscular but they looked different facially. Adam was more handsome in a classic way unlike Alan who was more rugged cowboy.

'Hey.' Mia blushed as Alan sat next to her. They rubbed noses and kissed. It was more sedate compared to Ann and Adam who were already at it again.

'Please you two be civilised!' Clare said throwing salt at the snogging couple.

'I'm Alan.' He stretched out his hand and I shook it.

'Becca.' I said softly as Alan looked at me exactly like Adam had.

'You're not...' he began and Adam who appeared to be the talkative one interrupted

'I know right, she is not what we pictured. I don't see it at all. I thought she would be more like Clare over there not some girl.' Adam said as Clare threw her drink in his face and walked off. Frankly he deserved it for making that comment.

'What is up with you Clare?' Adam protested as Ann tried to clean him up. Alan was in stitches but we could not believe how insensitive he had been toward Clare. Tessa and I went after her. She was pacing outside of the food court.

'He is an a$s.' Tessa said as we leaned against the wall next to where Clare was.

'He was wrong to say that.' I said softly.

'It's not what he said, it's just. I hate people looking at me and immediately assume I'm not a girl.' Clare began. 'I know I like dressing like a man it's cheaper but it still hurts when people say things like that. I'm a girl inside.' We went in for a group hug as the other came to join us.

'We know. He is a fool.' I reassured her. A little while later I turned to the group with my game face on.

'It's a girl trip today so ladies I suggest you tell your mates good bye. You will see them in a couple of hours.' I told Ann and Mia. I looked at the guys and smiled. 'It was nice meeting you two but the next time we meet I expect your mouth to be taped Adam. Clare is my friend and I expect you to treat her with respect or I just might evaluate if you are indeed the best mate for my other friend Ann.' My voice was firm and in control but the command was evident in it.

'Oh yeah, now I see it.' Adam said giving Ann a kiss as he hightailed it away from us with his baffled twin following suit.

I high fived Clare as we continued our shopping trip.

They had been fun. We were older leading different lives but we were still the same girls we had been since we had met all those years ago.

I looked at my friends; we had known each other since we were pups. I had chosen them specifically in preschool since they complimented me perfectly.

Clare was our protector, she always had our backs; Mia was our sensitive one, she could tap the emotions easily. Tessa was the extravagant one who related to us all while Ann was the planner, the logical thinker. I was the leader and I kept them all in check. I had fine-tuned them since we were children. Things had changed for the better. Now we were a well-oiled Taylor Swift album shooting straight to number one.

'My feet are killing me!' I moaned after a day of shopping. My purchases were scattered all over my bedroom floor. I would need to organise everything properly but now I needed to put my feet up. I put on the TV, then put it on a music channel and flopped onto my bed. I was looking at my hands; I could not wait for my mani-pedi session tomorrow. It was four years since I last had one.

'Becca!' my brother Liam opened my door and came in.

'What?!' I shouted at him for disturbing my peace and quiet.

'Is that the way you speak to your Alpha,' I glared at him.

'What do you want, my dear Alpha?!' I asked sweetly. He had become a mature guy. He had also been a Warrior Squad member and although I had only heard of his exploits, I guess he and Blade were like comrades now. Warrior Squad members had a special bond like brothers.

'I was passing by and decided to pay my little sis a visit.' He said coming into my room, scanning my purchases on the floor. 'You trying to make up for the last four years.'

I sat up quickly this was not good. 'Liam, what are you up to?' I asked watching his face. He was good at being serious in fact he was a great Alpha but an annoying older brother.

'Liam!' I shouted as he sat on my bed. He was the exact replica of our Dad the same dimple in the chin and grey eyes. He kept his hair military short and spiky. The girls all swooned over him and he was legendary with both older and younger women. Although he had not found his mate, he did not seem to be too bothered as he had an array of females flocking to him regularly.

'Ok my impatient sibling, the party tomorrow—'

'No and no and no.' I said cutting him off. 'Whatever idea you are thinking, the answer is no. It is too late to incorporate any new ideas. Everything is already planned.' I said forcefully.

'Hear me out first,' I opened my mouth and he raised his finger. I closed my mouth and held it in. 'There will be many royals tomorrow from neighbouring packs, it is customary to invite all reigning alphas, wait,' he said as I opened my mouth again. 'I expect you to be respectful to all of them and I mean all of them, Becca.' I groaned.

'By all of them do you mean Blade?' I admitted quietly and he nodded. 'I am no longer an immature fifteen year old Liam. I have changed. Seeing Blade again is okay.'

'You sure?' he asked scanning my face to read me. I smiled at him

'Yeah I have buried my demons and I can handle it.' I tried to reassure him.

'Good because I want nothing to go wrong tomorrow in my Crowning ceremony, but as my baby sister I also want to ensure that you can handle this.' Liam sure had matured. I gave him a hug.

'I will ensure that all the guests are taken care of. It's a kinda debut event for me too so I want it go well.' We stared at each other as we smiled. We had both mellowed it seemed over the last four years.

'Great, now go to sleep early.' He said standing up and walking to the door. 'You need all the'beauty sleep' tonight to make that face presentable for tomorrow!' I threw a pillow at him but he had already exited my room. I could hear his laughter as he walked away.