Epilogue

Epilogue

                Finn raises his brows in appreciation of his beautiful wife’s craft, and gives her a little nod as he stoops to collect their luggage from the long grass of a field outside of some nameless little hamlet.  “You’ve gotten pretty damned good at these Gates…”

                Angeline issues a prideful smile as she peers through her smoked half-veil at the fluid, shimmering portal a few metres ahead.  She’d refined her casting procedures for their trips through time and space down to a science… which was handy, since they returned home after every single mission.  Where once she had started with an all-too-wide, ten-metre across highway, it was now down to a simple two metres wide by three metres tall… and that saved both Power and precious minutes.  “Well… perfect practice makes for perfect results…”

                The black-haired Field Commander chuckles softly as he begins to stroll into the silvery tunnel.  “So that’s what I’ve been doing wrong with Sarah…”

                “Tch… pervert.”  The blonde mage treats her husband’s wide, suit-covered back to a frown, and huffs out a noise of annoyance as she begins to follow along.  He was referring to, of course, the fact that his gorgeous cousin was pregnant with their third little brat in six years… and hopefully this one would be a bloody boy.  “Only about a month left, huh… you excited?”

                “Heh… can’t you tell?”  Flashing a wide, toothy grin over his shoulder, the wiry apothecary then pushes through his full amount of enthusiasm through their Bond, and offers a small shrug as he watches his beautiful bride fight against a smile of her own.  “See?”

                “Hmph… well… good.  Though you need to show it, ‘cause Sarah was getting worried…”  the blue-eyed caster allows a long sigh to escape her lips, and gently pulls at the fingers of her long gloves as a prelude to tucking them away.  “I know that you just want to play with Patricia and Cassidy… but you’ve got to be attentive to Sare’s needs…”

                Finn dips his head down under the weight of his mate’s chastising, and clears his throat softly before giving a small nod of acceptance.  It was completely true, of course… there was nothing he wanted to do more than have tea-parties or go exploring with the little ginger-nut Cassy and midnight-haired Patty… when they were awake, anyways.  Kids nowadays just didn’t have enough stamina

                Angeline gently shoves her husband, both in an effort to get him moving a little faster, and as a reminder that she could hear his bloody thoughts, then snorts out a breath of derision as she pins her veil up to the edge of her chapeau.  “They’re five and three.  Of course they’re not going to be able to keep up to a Bound bloody Knight.”

                The black-haired Duke allows a bit of a wicked grin to play over his lips as he pulls himself up to his full height.  Well… some day his sweet little Duchesses would be able to surpass him… both in speed and-

                “If you… bloody finish that thought…”  the blonde member of the Order gives her guard dog another shove, then forces a healthy amount of annoyance through their psychic link.  “You’re not forcing those girls to join the damned Aegis, you jackaninny!”