Chapter 13

Chapter 13

                Angeline issues a squeal of hilarity, and slaps a hand against her knee as she trades a guffaw with her long-time friend's Bond.  Now two hours removed from their engagement against the forces of evil, her party was safely tucked away inside of her hotel-suite, sucking down delightful alcoholic beverages while reminiscing over previous battles.  “O-or!  W-what about that… back-woods shanty-town we were assigned to a couple months after I finished my sabbatical with Pat?  Bloody Shite-mire or some such?!”

                Letting out a booming laugh that echoes around the interior of the living room, Gawain leans back on the sofa and shakes his head at the mention.  “You mean Crunk-mireGoddess!  I’ve never seen a street that was more mud than stone!”

                Hilda issues a heavy back-handed smack against her mate’s shoulder as she thrusts out her lower lip towards her junior-mage on the opposite couch.  “It’s Crookmire, thank you very much!  And you bloody-well know that my family had sent a request to the Order just to have me come back and visit!  It had the full approval of-“

                “They lashed fuckin’ antlers to a bloody SOW!”  The golden-haired girl throws back her head to cackle in delight at the memory.  Hildie’s older brother had concocted a plot to send a missive to their superiors, asking them to force his sister to stop by and celebrate her birthday under the secretive pre-tense of a Daemonic possession.  When the four of them arrived to find a pig with horns, she thought her senior-caster was going to die of embarrassment!  “Ohhhh, Goddess!  I so want to go and visit Hadvarth once more!”

                The bearded Knight reaches a meaty finger up to wipe away a tear of hilarity as he shakes his head.  “I swear… Hildie’s brother was a hoot.  Shame you don’t much get along with him, sweetie.”

                Snorting out a breath as she reaches for her large glass of wine, the pudgy woman tries her best to concentrate on the feelings of annoyance in an effort to force them through her magical connection.  “I barely know them… my family.  If it wasn’t for their infrequent letters I received at the Order, I’d never-“  cutting herself off as the last of their grouping emerges from the bedroom, looking dapper in a low-cut frilly white shirt and tight black trousers, she gulps down a mouthful of fermented grapes and struggles to contain her attraction from leeching across to her Bond.  “W-welltook you a while.”

                Samuel offers the relaxed trio a kind smile as he smoothes his wet hair high overtop of his head.  “I believe I’ve rid myself of that horrid stench.  I was forced thrice to change the water in the bath, but I-“

                “I’ll judge you in that regard.”  The blue-eyed caster pushes herself up from the comfy sofa and pads over to her companion.  Placing her nose to his chest, either arm, then pulling him down to sniff his head, she then issues a nod of approval and pats his behind to send him into the living-space.  “Alright. You may pass.”

                Chuckling softly as he fills a mug of ale for the young lad, the stocky commander then stands and passes it over before raising his own.  “Well, then!  We can now, finally, toast Samuel’s successful first encounter with the Legion of Darkness!  Cheers, m’boy!”

                Displaying a wide smile at the gesture, the long-haired confidant raises his stein and looks to each beaming face in turn before taking a long trio of pulls off the beverage.  “Ahhh… thank you.  I’m happy that-“