Chapter 43

Chapter 43

                “No… they’re just about here…”  Angeline purses her lips as she looks towards a hilltop to the north.  “I can feel Samuel getting close…”

                “Well I don’t like th’ looks of tha’ damned pack down there…”  Bradley, the six-foot fifteen year-old boy, throws a scowl at the distant grouping of eight Daemon lurking on the eastern outskirts of the city.  “Prob’ly playing with Apple’s corpse… fuckin’ pricks…”

                Gail rips a somewhat-clean length of cloth from the bottom of her tunic, and sets about wiping down her large battle-axe as she glares at the gathering of Gluttonous beasts.  There was no ‘playing’ going on… they’d already torn the poor dumb boy limb-from-limb, and feasted on their meal… “When Finn gets back, I want another run at them…”

                “No, damnit.”  The blonde mage turns her attention back to Teresa, Ruthie, and the pair of remaining Aegis-candidates.  “We activate the wards, and we re-group at head-quartersThose are our orders, and you should know damned well that we’d need at least four Bound-pairings to take on that many Fatties.”

                The flexible nymphomaniac snorts out a noise of the purest derision as she plays her gaze over her caster-commander, using her memory to divest the other woman of her clothes.  “Come on, Angie… I know you want to fuck ‘em up a bit, too…”

                “There they are.”  Tipping his chin towards the northern hill, the hulking young candidate then pulls himself up to his feet and raises a beefy hand in a hail.  “No worse fer wear, I guess…”

                “Yah, well… from what I felt through my Bond with him…”  the blue-eyed arcanist folds her arms across her smaller chest and sends a decent measure of annoyance across their magickal-connection.  Damnit… she’d been needing a nice cuddle for the past twenty damned minutes

                Ruth guides herself over to the control-glyph, and taps her foot impatiently as she watches her former-hopeful and the arsehole-twin sprint and float across the meadow.  Hurry up, damnit… the faster that they returned to base, the quicker they could go on the offensive… “Oh… ewwww…”

                Angeline mimics the disgusted expression on her chesty junior’s features at the sight of her mate absolutely covered in black ichor.  “Oh, GoddessKellie, too…”

                Teresa issues a heavy sigh and shakes her head at her sister’s extremely-wide grin as her likeness descends from her four-metre height.  “Kel… what happened?!  You’re an abtholute meth!

                The filthy twin touches down soundlessly in front of the rest of the group and offers them a giddy giggle as she tosses a glance back over her shoulder to gauge her commander’s progress.  “OhmyGoddess!  It was so awesomeFirst, Sammy killed a Wrathful in, like… five seconds, then took out a pair of Envies… an’ when I was setting up another spoke, we got ambushed by a bunch of damned Prideful-bastards!”  She lets out a long peal of jubilant laughter as her love-interest jogs to a stop at her side, then wraps her arms around his black blood-covered torso to give him a big hug.  “He saved my dumb arse a dozen times, damnit!  Two dozen, maybe!”