Chapter 33

Chapter 33

                Angeline raps loudly against the heavy wooden door of the leader of the Order’s office, then puts her shoulder against the damned thing to open it while the sound of rusted, squealing hinges rings out.  Bloody Jonas… if he spent more time performing his duties from his office, he’d actually have need to oil this thing.  “Goddess damn it old man… why don’t you-“ gasping in a sharp breath as she freezes in place, she can’t help but gape at the pair of High Magus’ standing in front of the swath of windows behind an empty and ornate desk.

                “Oh!  Angie!  It good see you!”  The small Asiatic Quang displays a wide smile as he half-turns to face the lovely young mage.  “You pretty as eva’!  Maybe you come Zhaon-nang province?  I show how we fight Dae-mon there.”

                “As if I would allow you to abscond with my best disciple, Xing.”  The tiny Jonas Warren huffs out a noise of derision before peeking over to his grand-daughter.  “What is it that you require, my dear?”

                The golden-haired caster shakes away her shock, and quickly strides over to place her hands on the surface of the desk as she stares at the leader of the Buddhist Order.  “Why are you here?!  You’re not supposed to be back for another two or three days!”

                Offering a healthy shrug coupled with his prideful grin, the silken-clad Asiatic rests his hip against the ledge under the windows as he slides his hands up either of his sleeves.  “Three months not exact.  Depend on talent.  I show Sloppy how to fight.  How think with head.  He soak up like rags.  Last two weeks boring, nothing but talk talk talk, so decide come back now before ear fall off.”

                Issuing an audible gulp as a cold chill rapidly spreads through her body, the blue-eyed girl’s gaze drifts through the windows behind the powerful sorcerers, and falls upon the Candidate’s lodgings nestled in the town.  S-so… Samuel was back.  He’d completed his training under Master Quang.  And apparently, he’d done well enough to put a smile on the man’s face…

                “We were actually just discussing that, Angie, among other recent happenings.  Master Xing employed some unusual tactics… but I do enjoy the-“

                “W-where is he?!”  Angeline returns her stare towards the foreigner as her legs start to shake in nervous-anticipation of her reunion.

                The small Asian offers another shrug in response.  “Like I know that.  He filthy.  Need bath and shave.  Look like mountain-man who spend life in meditation.”

                “That’s somewhat apt, considering that he spent three months on the Peaks.”  The tiny bald Magus displays a wide grin up to his counterpart before sliding his gaze towards his stunned pupil.  “And before you go dashing off, my dear… what was it that you required?”

                Shaking her head absently as she thinks about the various places where her former companion could go for a hot bath, the golden-haired caster then slowly blinks herself back to the real-world to find two expectant stares levelled towards her.  “Huh?  Oh.  Uh.  Nothing.  It’s not important.  Can I… use the window?”