2

"Kunika, wake up. You need to be early to school, you must have a good impression on your teachers."

"Heh? Oh.. Oh okay. I'll get up. Is the motor on?"

"Yes. I need to go prepare your breakfast, I'll be downstairs, okay, sweetheart?"

"Yes, mum."

Kunika could hear the creaking of the stairs even when she was in the bathroom. It never got old.

~

"Mum, are you driving me?" she asked.

"Oh sorry sweety, appa sent it to get cleaned. You'll have to take the train today. You know the way don't you? It's only for a day, your dad will pick it up today after work."

"Alright, alright."

As Kunika headed off, dressed appropriately in her uniform, a dark blue blazer with a tartan red tie, along with a slightly darker blue skirt and white knee socks. She looked like a typical schoolgirl. She was confident she'd fit in. However her ponytail wasn't looking as smart as she'd expected, fluffed up because of her shower, she didn't have time to sort it out afterwards. Tying a loose band to slightly secure her hair, she arrived at the train station ten minutes early. She wasn't in such a rush after all.

As she stretched her arms behind her to fix her ponytail sitting on a bench, a train was arriving on the station. She hurried and climbed onto the train with one hand holding her pony, the other holding on to the train handles.

Hurrying in, she sat down on the only vacant seat she could see, in between a kind-looking girl, and a nerdy-looking boy.

"Can I sit here?" she asked the girl.

"Yes, of course!" she seemed more excited than welcoming.

"Oh, thank you!" she sat down thinking, socializing can't be that hard. She was going to really learn that later on in the day. Kunika had lost all her confidence to make friends when her best friend, Seokjin, had left her to go for some sort of training when she was twelve, about six years ago. She didn't to believe in friendship, but she wanted to make a fresh start anyway.