2 | Tequila & Tears

Start from the beginning

Portia and Giselle both rolled their eyes and gave Claudia a threatening glare, Claudia responding by putting both hands up as a sign of surrender.

"I'm kidding! You are perfect and he doesn't even deserve you, he never did."

Victoria's heart fluttered as she felt so special and unique to have such sweet friends. Regardless for their tough exterior, especially Claudia, she felt as if they truly cared for her and this wasn't some alliance built to be at the top of the hierarchy. It was a bond, a sisterhood.

"Now please don't make me say that again, I'm meant to be the heartless one." Claudia flicked her hair before bouncing up from her seat and charging towards the dressing room, calling out to them once she entered through the curtains. "Now let's find me the perfect dress!"

All three girls groaned and slouched into the love seat as they realised it was going to be a very long evening.

Once Claudia had decided as to what she was going to wear, the girls all agreed that they would be needing a quick coffee fix.

"Starbucks is a life saver, I swear." Giselle swung her several shopping bags in the air whilst she walked beside Victoria that agreed tiredly.

"Let's just get in and get out quickly, my mom is landing in like three hours and I don-"

"Ok, babe." Claudia cut her short and made her way inside first, not bothering to apologise for her brief interruption.

The Starbucks was green and brown themed and fairly modern yet traditional,with large windows and a homely feel it was one of the girls' favourite places to be.

As they stood in line, Vic recognised Claudia's look of tremendous angst. Only one person could make her feel like this and she prayed that it was just a memory and that person wasn't in the room.

Her prayers weren't answered.

"I don't want coffee anymore."

"Me either."

"Why?" Portia sighed, her eyes still kept on a compact that she bought earlier. Victoria then gave her Giselle a small nudge and the three girls scurried out of the room swiftly.

"What the fuck is going on!" Victoria screeched, her hands literally shaking with panic.

"Calm down." Claudia ordered, rolling her eyes at Victoria's theatrics.

"How am I meant to calm down when he's meant to be in a hospital!" Victoria shrieked back at Claudia, causing Giselle to shuffle closer and use her hand to cover her mouth.

"We just need to get out of here." Giselle said calmly, looking to them with both fear and a levelled mind.

"Let's get out of here then." Victoria speed walked away in her heels, Claudia and Giselle following her with annoyed attitude.

How did they expect her to feel? People don't just end up dead one day and then just walk around like it was a nap. Victoria needed to keep a clean image for her future and she wasn't going to revive all of the scandals that she nearly drowned in.

"What is going on?" Portia asked as she came out with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she stood near the entrance.