Chapter 21

A/N: sorry this took so long to update! Also sorry if it's a bit on the short side.

The auto-bots and Dino-bots stood, unaware of what to do next. Sari, out of nowhere screamed, for why only the auto-bots knew.

It was in the heat of battle, they were getting their chrome kicked out of them!

Suddenly, a small pink string dropped from Sari, not that she noticed. It had led past the fighting bots and fed in the direction of the plant. Grimlock had been the first to notice.

"What is this pink thingie?" He asked, gently lifting it with one claw.

Prowl turned to answer the larger Dino-bot, stopping dead in his tracks when he saw the string.

Is that? No, it couldn't be. He thought.

"Grimlock, put it down now." He demanded.

Puzzled, Grimlock gently lowered the pink string. Prowl's optics followed the pink string, making a mental note on the fact that it led to the direction of the plant. Unaware to him, Ratchet had made note to the fact that the string led to Detroit.

Bulkhead was flown back by Sari's blade, a loud grunt emanating from his speech synthesizer. Bumblebee had sloppily dogged several of Sari's orb shots, bumping into Snarl in the process. Swoop dive-bombed at the young girl, several times, not being able to successfully knock her unconscious. Sentinel was down, again. Jazz continued to throw chunks of concrete at Sari, in hopes of tiring her. Safeguard manage to slow down the girl by making her the center of a weak tornado, somehow this didn't disrupt Jazz's course of action. In fact the tornado actually helped, helping the girl grow weak as she had to destroy concrete flying at her and maintain her footing.

The pink string appeared, Safeguard and Swoop immediately taking notice.

Swoop ceased his attacks, eyes the string with curiosity. Safeguard stopped with a gasp, the tornado ceased.

"Mister Jazz sir!" The large bot call out to his superior. "Please to be of looking at the little girl sir!"

Swoop transformed, landing perfectly on the ground. Safeguard followed suit, splitting into Jetfire and Jetstorm.

The techno-organic girl huffed, clearly deprived. She had yet to notice the pink string latched from her chest. Her mind was slow and blurry, she only noticed the string when it shattered; shooting red hot pain throughout her systems. A blood-curling, pain infused shriek filled the silence of Detroit. She went limp, body dropping to the floor like a rag doll.

Finally free to take their hands from their audio receptors, the autobots and dinobots could only stare.

Without a word, Optimus had stepped forward. Ordering the Jettwins and Bumblebee to drags Sentinel back to the plant, Grimlock and Snarl were assigned to assist Bulkhead. The red prime stopes forward, going down onto one knee; he gently scooped the unconscious girl in his big blue arms.

Carrying her back to the plant like a mother carrying her child.