Part - 5 Bruises

"So when are we coming over to your house Christian?" Nick asked one after noon, I sat with a  smirk over my lips and a  the cola  in hand. I hated this part the lies always.

"I don't know man  not like my place is anything worth  hanging out at man, besides my dad's almost always there." I said in a  lazy manner  brushing it off as I always do. I wouldn't let anyone into my real life, the world I have to keep a secret if I was to survive in any other.

"Okay, Okay Look man have a good match. " Nick said "I hear your going to have some cheerleaders to go watch you kick crap out  some poor guy going up against our schools best" he added, yup the normal but kissing. "Yea  pity the guy"  one of the other guys nodded and I  smirked.

*~~Emily ~~*

Okay so the last couple of days actually started to cool down slightly except Nick is under the impression I have a crush on him. Christian there for what's to have some boxing practice with him but as always keeps his restrained brilliantly. My home life seems very off balance but that's nothing new. I smiled if I listened hard enough I could hear Christians footsteps being me it was weekend now and I no longer had to worry about keeping up appearances, well that much we both stop in front of my house.

"Did you have a good day?" he asked calmly as I opened the door hesitating something seemed off it wasn't locked "Yea I guess so, how about you? Any more love letters in your locker?" I teased only slightly annoyed by all the love struck girls; after all I was the one who knew him not them.

"Why Emily if I didn't know you any better I would think that was jealousy I hear" Christian teased me and gently patted my cheek. I hated when he did that and he knew it, but when I walked inside with him on my heels the book bag fell out of my hands because I couldn't believe my eyes my mum was kissing another guy just like that in our kitchen. I seen him a few times before but this it was just, I couldn't.

"What the hell!" I let out a yell and felt Christian's strong hand on my shoulder, my mother gasped.

"Emily waits! I can explain." she said quickly Christian had gone back to his house now, the stranger left for the time being and my mother followed me to my bedroom "Emily hunny" She begged, I didn't want to hear it !

"NO! Don't honey me." I sounded like a spoiled child but right now I didn't care "I knew you were up to it! But bright daylight! In front of me!" I stopped facing her now, the anger was exploding in me, I couldn't stop it. Water started to for in my eyes, but I refused to let it free.

" Now I am still your mother" she said firmly I bit out a harsh laugh.

"What about my father ! When he gets back!" I shouted and then it came the words hit me lick a slap in my face.

 "HES NEVER COMING BACK!"  Mum said it with a desperate cry "he left us baby" she added, but  I couldn't hear anything else I slammed my door shut.

"You're lying" I cried now, so silly, stupid reaction, but I cried. she left my door I heard her foot steps and sobs, I couldn't care I needed only one person now, tears freely falling over my cheeks. I should have realized it, but I been denial what's right in front of me all this time, not I know it's true, it's been months since I heard of him.  I was holding my pillow and didn't even realize when Christian entered my room throw the window all I know his one moment I was still sobbing the next my face was against his chest.

"Hey, come on." The hushed "You got to come see me kick the shit out of my opponent tomorrow." He was trying cheer me up, I left out another embarrassing sob then my eyes dried up his hands where one my back still stroking like you would a distort cat.

"Sorry." I mumbled embarrassed and looked up into those eyes, his eyes that calmed me somehow.

"We all got our bruises" he said softly "Some is easier to see then others."

I know what he meant "I am so messed up." I said sitting back on my bed finely calmed now, even in this state I could see how handsome Christian was, did he ever not look hart stopping? "Yea I am messed up to- that's why I make a good team" Christian gave me a playful shove and I rolled my eyes "You're so cheesy!"

________

Christian was  no push over in life, he never  stayed down long outside of the boxing ring , but inside it they had a hard time of getting him down. he was fast, I watched his feet move, I never realized just how graceful he really was. Wearing his boxer shorts  sweat dripped form his muscles  over wash board stomach, I didn't know where to look.  He was tense alert and moving like a predator, his opponent was big,  I can't really remember the name  that was shouted for him something like The hammer jack or jackhammer, something like that. Christian toke a  few hard punches to  his side but was able to back away and slip out of the corner, every time he got hit I bit my lip, I couldn't help thinking of his father.

A uppercut and then a strong left hook, Jack stumbled back and Christian mast have seen an opening he went of it, determination over his face with a win in sight. Why when he was such a skilled fighter did he never fight outside of this ring? When the Hammer fell and bell rang I realized why – I might just as well kill his father if he ever let himself loos.

I couldn't speak to him directly after his win, as a big shot jock every bone who was someone at school crowded him. He was tired but proud, he gave them nods our eyes met for an instant as I stood near the exit. My heart beat faster my Christian was truly amazing, I have him a wink and slipped out before I gave into the feeling of running to him not caring who saw us, but it was against our rules...

stupid rules .....