Part: 13 - just for now

"Thank you for coming to my rescue I said as I got into the car" Christian looked annoyed, and quiet pissed off. I called him as soon as I noticed Hanna ditching me at this horrible house party. nice prank on her part I must say, so I called Christian and stayed outside waiting it wasn't to long before he pulled up in his dad's car. "How did you get your dad to give you the car?" I asked unable to stand the silence as he started to drive.

"I didn't" he said simple- oh no – that's not good.

"Christian I don't want to get you in trouble because of me" I said quickly, it was too late now wasn't it.  tonight has been one large messed up not to mention  the humiliation that i just got with complements from Hanna.

"Don't worry about it okay" he said simply  but pulled the car off at a gas station, Christian turned to me, and I knew he was about to unload. "You where irresponsible and idiotic to go with that girl." that girl he was referring to Hanna. "What if something worse happened to you, you have any idea who lucky you where Emily" Christian  said his tone was cold harsh and Christian touched my hair, dam it I hated it when he was mad but he did have a point. Christian gave a sigh and started the car again "I don't know what's going to happen in the future Emily, I only know it's you and me, I don't care if we have to run away to make it so. I don't care what happens Emily but I want to be with you."  my heart was racing at his words, yes I felt stupid for needing to call him to the rescue then handling it myself

"Christian" I said softly he was driving to his house now maybe his dad won't notice if he returns the car, who am I trying to fool ? "You have to go to college, be a boxer be great." I went on "I don't know how I'll do it, or if I'll even be able to go with you." honestly finely I got it all out " I don't have any talents, or doing great in my  marks, Christian the truth   is I am average Christian."  I felt a tear run over my cheek and I looked out the window at the passing trees as Christian turned up our street, the street we walked countless times just a few steps being each other.

"You are not average" Christians voice was soft uneven he stopped in the drive way it must be early hours of the morning.  "I know for so long you been my secret" he said I heard his seat belt click "But if not for you Emily I don't know where I would be, you're not average. you are... dam it  , I wish I was better with words." He said with a slight laugh in her voice. " I love you Emily, and I don't care what it takes we'll get out of this town together."  Christians finger touched my cheek  and softly whipped  some tears away " come on let's get inside" Christian sad as his lips brushed over my cheek "Get that make up off your face." he added and I rolled my eyes.

"You think your dad will figure out you toke the car?" I asked as I laid in Christians arms in my bed, safe, happy and in love .

"Nah I don't think so he drank enough to put a horse out for a day" he said  his arms tightened around me  "And even if he does, I'll handle it don't worry okay." he said kissing the top of my head.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt again"  it was true every time he got battered it hurt me to so much, I couldn't stand it. We have been through a lot tougher with my mum wanting to move in with Toby, his kids, exams and Christians scholarship I don't want to feel like I might lose him.

"stop thinking so hard will you." Christian said and rolled me in under him gently "You're thinking to hard I know that look on your face" he said with a sexy grin "time to turn that brain off for a while" He added and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I love you Christian"

~~**~~~**~~

After a very long speech from our teacher about the SATS and  exams I was tired, it was hard to keep my eyes open,  I was worried about Christian's dad finding out he toke the car and my mum and Toby had a fight after finding out that Hanna tried to ditch me at a random house party. The truth is all I really can't seem to stay focused on anything "OH and proms next week do you have a dress yet?" Classic asked adding another layer of lip gloss prom ... I totally forgot about prom! senior prom I can't believe it soon it will all be over. The rest of the day was spent giving Christian small hints about prom that was until a hand slammed my locker closed

"So a birdy told me you and Christian got something going on."  Nick  said  with his normal jock smile, yes he was mildly attractive, he was  also extremely vindictive

"a little bird is it" I said with a  slight smile and swung my bag over my shoulder "Look between me and you Emily, your pretty blondish hair green eyes that can really get some attention" he said leaning towards me as if some huge secret is about to come out "You can do better" he whispered and walked off to join the gathering group of cheerleaders, this was crazy I was not blushing and this was not happening – was there's something in the water – why on earth would Nick take interest in me?  

A step, and another step and then I was walking with Christian home, not a few steps being, not a few steps ahead but right next to each other, and it felt right, Christian toke my hand and gave it a squeeze "so you're not so soft hints make me want to think you're out to be prom queen." Christian said giving me a soft side glance

"NO! no not prom queen, I just want to go" I said and he smiled "Okay" he said  and stopped walking  looking into my eyes with those big brown eyes, and said it.

"Emily Wilson will you be my prom date" It sounded way to much like a marriage proposal

"I do... I mean I will" Christian laughed at my replay and we kept walking.

~~**~~

Christian

Prom, I want to make Emily happy but I might have bitten off more than I can chew, I am broke, as in renting a tux? Getting her flowers? Even getting us something to ride in to there's going to be a challenge I just don't know what I am going to do. maybe I should try playing a handy man around the neighborhood. After parting ways with  Emily at  her  front door I  walked in my own house my mother was  in the kitchen as always cooking something that smells slightly burnt "I am home" I said before walking towards my room.

"Christian" My mother's voice was a hush tone, it was never anything good I walked over.

"what's up?" I asked and she touched my cheek, my mum was fragile small woman, what she ever saw in my father I would never know "What's wrong mum" I asked worried now.

  "You grow up so fast" she said with a tear running down her cheek, I hugged , she's small in my arms I hugged her and kissed her cheek "I'll always be your son mum" I added .

"do you know if anyone around need some help around the house or lawns" I asked trying to sound  like it was nothing. I try to sound  like it was nothing.

"Why?" she asked going back to  her food "I  want some extra chase for prom" I said helping her peeling some potatoes.

"I'll give it to you" my mum said shocking me slightly "It's your prom don't look so surprised" she said touching my hair "Christian, sweetie I'll give you the money but, Your dad knows" She said finely

" Knows what?" I didn't like where this is going that's when the door slammed closed as my dad stepped throw it making sure my mother jumped as he shut it behind him

" I know you took my car"