Part: 4 Crossing Lines

With a frozen pea bag pressed against his eye Christian sat on my bed looking slightly defended, I hated when this happened.I couldn't stand to see him like this , to know who did this to him and not be able to do a thing about it. "what happened. " I mumbled touching the edge of the cut that was red across his cheek.

" Oh you know I walk into a door" He teased making me give him a slight shove "ouch okay"  Christian smiled his blue eyes seemed to push the sadness aside " I said I was thinking of  , not going to collage." Christian said  finely, why ?! Why on earth he could leave here be free why would he think of not taking a scholarship.

"But Christian..." I wanted to go on but he stopped me placing his finger lazily over my lips.

"Now don't you start Em, I figured if I got a job you know somewhere else we ... its was stupid." Christian shook his head dropping his finger

"I won't allow you to do that" I said firmly getting of the bed "I won't let you give up a scholarship! Christian you're an amazing boxer you can be free" I said and he gave a snort

"let's talk about this some other time" He said waving it off and leaned back against my pillow.

"Stop that" I said trying to focused on my homework "Christian stop." I laughed as he poked my ribs again.

"I am bored " he complained  popping himself up on his elbows, his eye's swelling was down but still a vivid blue colored not to mention what has been done to his perfect chest, well he already has an excuse for school – box match gone wrong- typical boys.

"I am trying to do my homework." I said  throwing my pen at him witch he started drawing on me with

"OH I GIVE UP!" I shouted and Christian grinned "Good about time"

______________________________________

 That night I  could hear my mother come in late with soft laughter and hissing words, she wasn't alone Lifting my head Christians arm was draped over my waist he stirred when I sat up "Em don't go." he yawned and pulled me flat again.

"shush" I said trying push him off me, Christian had a thing for speaking in his sleep.  I knew I shouldn't  go to look yet , I had to be sure taking a few more steps I reached my door and creaked it opened to peak throw. Yea mum was defiantly back – but who was with her ?  Could it be dad? ... No I was getting my hopes up, trying to see the figures as they walked up the stairs a hand griped my wrist. Just before I gasped Christian pulled me towards him "You know you don't want to see that." He said in a hush tone, I can hardly see him in the dark but I laid my hand against his chest and let him put me in bed placing his hands over my ears like it would block it all out.

_______________

With a groan I whispered I could just disappear it was Cassie and she was relentless "Today's the day." she announced "really I thought that was yesterday" I said sarcastically biting down on my pencil. "Christian stupid, today I am going to ask him out! It's Friday its perfect he can't say no"

"Why" I snapped, Cassie did not know a thing about Christian!

"Why what?"  She looked towards me with a smile, a smile as fake as her hair color.

"Why can't he say no?" I asked "Not that I know Christian that well, but really Cassie be realistic" I turned and walked out – did I feel guilty for stepping up? No.  Christian was mine even if no one knew it with the year growing closer to an end we might not have so much time left tougher.  And with Cassie presuming Christian things are getting more messed up!

~~#Christian#~~~

I been able to avoid Emily's questions about   what happened at my house, I am not really looking forward to go back there after school. Its weekend so I can avoid my father by spending weekend at gym and at her house, yet I couldn't stay away forever I knew my dad would demand me to be home, sooner or later. Home  I almost snorted - that place has never been a home to me not really.

Looking around I could see   everyone else going about their normal day – what is normal anyways?-  "Christian" a sweet voice  made me turn , it was one of Emily's friends standing there all doe eyed , I didn't like where this was going, yet I smiled.

"sup?" I asked  and  scanned behind her to see if Emily was nearby, no she wasn't.

" I was wondering, you see I am not doing anything this weekend so my dad said we could take the jet boats out, so  your cool with that right ? You me some friends." She kept talking, oh boy how do you turn a woman off, she went on like I already said yes?

"Yea sounds nice I'll think about it" I said and if you knew anything that would be a NO.

"don't be a prune" She pouted, I don't even remember her name.

"Sorry I'll think about it, I got boxing weekend, but yet thanks for asking. "I said smiling to her charmingly "I wish I could" I added before nodding to Nick and the boys who were signaling me over, I don't need all this complications all the lines blurring now, only one keeps it all from spinning is Emily, I need to protect her from what might happen.