Part: 11 - stepping up

Somehow my mother got me to agree to go to Toby's house, but not faster I put up some resistance – it was just lunch but she wanted me to meet his kids. I didn't want to, because I will try and get out of moving in with them at every turn.So I ended up agreeing to go after school, Christian was back at the gym, he was more focused then I seen him in some time, and this time nick had joined him for a gym session. The house was not exactly what I expected it to be,   it was something from the movies- you know the Beethoven movies. a big white house perfectly green lawn and a swimming pool,  I wasn't really feeling the  lunch party feel but I promised I would behave myself. As best I could, but I did tell my mum I was not going to kiss any ones butt. Mum knew how I felt about her planes to move in with her new boyfriend – who happens to be her boss!

"This is my son and  daddy''s girl" Toby said as we walked into the house there was a teenage guy landing over one of the sofa's he looked like he might be out of school already.

"Jack" he said giving me a slight smile and then the daddy's girl as Toby stated "This is Hanna, Hanna say hello." Toby said urging the girl that stood in their ridiculously large kitchen, she was texting and her eyes didn't leave her phone. she simply gave a halfhearted wave "Hi" Hanna said  and  finely looked towards us and gave a  sweet smile. She was the picture of American teenager with designer clothing and bleach blond hair large doe blue eyes"

Daddy Millie asked  if I could go out with her tonight." My mum looked to Toby and he tapped my mums back, great lovey dovy- here we go.

"I'll think about it sweet heart, why don't you and Emily set the table for lunch." he said and did as asked, I could see why my mum would want to move in here. It would be easy to get use to this, but I sill wouldn't leave Christian for this, even if he is going to leave me for collage- I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

~~~~***~~~~

Christian

"Dude your left hook is a killer." Nick said rubbing his jaw, I smirked.

"I was going easy on you" I pushed his buttons a little, this guy still a good friend we were having a good day long gym hours and even a light sparing match, Nick wasn't a boxer but he wasn't bad, it was good to get my mind off everything going on. Emily was at her mother's boyfriends house, and I was starting to question all our rules.  The point was to keep my school life and my real life secret, I did not need any ones pity or any ones noses in my business, but it was getting harder now.

"Dude, where's your head at?" Nick asked tapping me on the side of my head.

"Nothing come on man." I gave him a slight push "You're thinking about Emily aren't you." Nick said, I felt my heart skipped a beat, I looked to him curiously.

"Does it matter?" I asked Nick   taking off my practice gloves but not leaving his glaze.

"Yea it does matter actually." he paused for several counts. "I like the chick" Nick said finely "but I don't want to over step here, so if you two have something going on you got to make your move Christian, because I will." He said with a territorial tone, but before I had a chance to say anything he turned and left the gym – looks like I got competition?  I wanted to run after him and tell him everything that Emily was not up contest  but  went to the showers to cool off instead.

 My house, the place I grew up, and the place I can't wait to leave, sometimes it wasn't always that simple. Yes my father was an abusive drunk with  hardly any good quality's in him, yet my mother was still there, quiet  and suppressed. I walked in and dumped my bag in the laundry room, my mother walked towards me with a glass of orange juice. "Your home earlier the normal" she said in a soft voice.