part : 20 Lose ends

Dinner with my father was awkward to say the least I did my best to act like an adult, but my patients wore thinner as the night went on, my father kept asking questions, and questions I didn't want to answer so I faked a smile and thought of Christian, what he would say or do. "Yea" I replied the newest set of questions.

"You really grew up" He said, I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not but I swear I could see regret and sadness in his eyes.

"So" My father tried to say something as I toke a sip of my ice tea."That boy today, the one in the wheel chair." I flinched and frowned.

"Boy in a wheel chair? He's not just some boy in a wheelchair- we were in an accident which you would know if you were here! He's the only person that was there for me." I snapped feeling the anger boiling up in me. "Christian- that's his name by the way." I added.

My father nodded and grew quiet. " Can you drop me off at his house once we are done." I added, I needed to go see if he's okay tomorrow was a very big day – for both of us. 

"Yes" he said in a slightly defeated tone." I would like to try and make things right, I know it might be  too late but I still want to try." He said, there was still something he wanted to tell me

"Just say it" I said an pushed away my half eaten plate " I want to move  back , back to town I mean.." he said and I nodded.

"That's all good, but I won't be here much longer " I stated  facing him now, looking into the green eyes that I have as well, I knew i might be acting like a brat but i think i earned the right to be as mad as i wanted at him. " I want to go to college, me and Christian."  I said  swallowing head " I have to  make sure he's got all papers ready, as he's now in a wheelchair and losing the scholarship they offered  we asked for a meeting." why am I telling him this? I guess it didn't matter

"I know some people I could make a few calls." He suggested I didn't think too much about it – what could he do after all.

~~~Christian~~~

Emily showed up in front of the front door with a  tight expression when I opened the door all the way, I could see a car  driving away, it wasn't her  mums of her moms boyfriend, must have been her old man. "Hey" I smiled   as she kissed my cheek leaving over the chair I grown to both love and hate

" Hey yourself "she sighed "lets run away together." she teased  as we went to the kitchen, Emily made coffee for herself and handed me a glass of milk.

"run away huh? Kind of sudden don't you think." I said watching her closely "Remember when we were little?  when something went bad we said we would run away together just me and you." she smiled  and looked into the coffee cup

"Yea  how could I forget I asked you to marry me" I said  feeling my face grow slightly warm "We were ten." she laughed  looking at me again "And I said yes" I nodded, of course I thought of marring her no matter how young we are, I think you only get that one shot with someone. Only once to feel to hold, even now when I feel like this when my legs refuse to do as I say I still think about it... Marring her running away. 

" So how was it?" I asked  and she pushed my chair to the bedroom where I got up and  she helped me sit down on the bed.

"horrible" Emily grumbled "how was your date?" she asked and I rolled my eyes.

"wasn't a date, I just met up with Nick and some the guys" Yea it went better then hopped fooling them still easy, I explained how I was going to be fine still be a boxer and life couldn't be better – what else could I do – lying  about my life to them was second nature to me now.

  " I see " she sat down next to me  and then simply laid down on my  bed giving a heavy sigh. " tomorrow is  it right" she said and I nodded.

" we go to the campus, face the board and make my peal for a chance to show them what I can do." I said   trying to sound as positive as I could the truth ways they are only considering giving me a special scholarship because off pity, yet  I wasn't sure if I should take it or not  weather be for pity or pride.

"Your thinking to hard now" Emily said with a smirk as I laid down next to her "That's my line" I teased and  stroked a finger over her cheek. Her skin was so soft and smooth I lived the feel of it "  I still want you to marry me." I whispered  as her eyes fluttered closed " let's see what happens tomorrow." I added kissing her cheek.  I wish it was that easy getting on one knee and that's it we live happily ever after? Could it really be that simple?

~~Emily~~

Nervously I smooth my hands over the pencil skirt I was lucky to borrow from Hanna – Toby's  very fashionable daughter. my mother  wanted to take me and Christian to the Campus where our meeting a stop take place,  sure my place was already sorted out as my mother's boyfriend is paying for it and has friends  in slightly higher places yet Christian stood to have the most to lose – He wanted to get  studies become a social worker. "It's going to be fine." Christian said form next to me.

"I am supposed to be saying that to you." I said in a tight voice taking his hand, closing my eyes I thought  of all the times we were tougher, I thought of the nights he would climb throw my windows. The days spent at school pretending not to know each other and even the times I nursed him everything was leading up to now.

"Here we are." My mother said exactly  the small town around the collage was filled with life  guys tossing round footballs in the opened parks and girls jogging along the road the collage itself was quiet large " Impressive" my mother toke the words out of my mouth and Christian squeezed my hand – I couldn't help to think this  might be our new home.