Part 14: The breaking point

Everything was happening fast, my jaw hurt it exploded into white pain and I could feel blood dripping down my lip. his second punch came not long after the first but I did not fall, I did stumble back slightly and braced myself against the kitchen counter. My mother screamed something I couldn't make out what my ears where ringing, I pushed away from the counter "You think you're a man" I could hear my father shout. a man?

"If a man means beating up your son, then I don't want to be one" I spat the blood form my mouth the metal taste annoying me, not long after I said that he toke another sing at me ducking as I would in a boxing ring it missed my face but I didn't see the next one punching me in the gut dam it. I gasped for air it hurt, dam it to hell it really hurt but i felt this pain before and I will push throw it again - i just needed to catch my breath,

"You're nothing! You'll never be anything! You are going to be just like me so stop acting like your something better." His voice rang in my ears, I regained my breath and stood up tall. No I wasn't going to let him do this again.

"Stop it!" my mother shouted "Stop hurting him" I never heard her shout at him like this, I actually was shocked and distracted from the pain in my gut and face.  maybe there was hope for her after all.  When his first came for me again I used the foot work I leaned for my years as boxing to side step him and protect my face. Keeping my fists up  blocking him.

"You dare raise your hands at me boy" he shouted but  before he could keep on with his  attack I gave him a right hook on his jaw sending him stumbling back and with that I advanced, I could see everything wrong with my life in that instant as I knocked him with a left hook to his head. my hands hurt  I didn't stop until I could feel the blood on my hands I didn't know if it was my blood or his anymore I knocked him out. I stood breathless  as the man that has been making my life hell laid  asleep on the kitchen floor, when I looked up I saw the pain on my mother's face.

"Leave him." I said in a tone of voice I wasn't even sure was mine. "leave him." I know she's afraid to walk away from this man  "Call the cops when he wakes up." I said walking to the door shaking my hand.

"Where are you going?" she asked sounding worried

"Next door"

Emily

"And you knocked him out?" I asked as I wrapped his hands with bandage softly he actually bruised his knuckles open, it was going to hurt for a while probably and he won't really be able to box for a week or two.

"yea" he said looking at my hands as I tucked it in "What's going to happen next?" I asked before getting up throwing away all the bloody tissues and put away the first aid kit, I kept the kit in my closet it was easier then asking my mum where it was all the time.

"I don't know Emily, this was worse than all the other times." I touched  his bruised jaw softly with my finger tips. " I could see the murder in his eyes Emily and worse I felt rage, I wanted to kill him." He looked down at his feet same over his handsome face

"Christian..." what should I say ? I didn't know, he wanted to kill  his father/the monster  "there's a few times I wished he was gone to" I tried to  say something yet I felt like an idiot I had no idea what he was really going throw.

"No, I didn't want him gone I wanted him dead, and I wanted to be the one to do it...can I stay the night with you?" he asked still not looking at me, did he think I would turn him away?

"Yes you know you can" I said touching his blond sandy hair, "We'll figure out what to do next" I said when he finely looked up at him his brown eyes where filled with pain and something else, love?

__________

After a quick shower  the house grew silent mum did a quick announcement from downstairs to let me know she'll be going over to Toby's for the night. I didn't mind because I didn't want to go with her and I get the house to myself with Christian. " I do have a little bit of good news" I said  sitting down on my bed, this time Christian was the one at my desk doing his biology home work.

" what's that?" he asked giving me a sexy side glance even with his face  bruised up there was no denying his attractiveness. "Well I might be able to make it into collage, well community college nearby yours. I can get a side job as a waitress and maybe we can get a little apartment together  and Toby said he might help out and I ...." Christian laughed and threw his pen at me.

"Calm down Emily, take a breath your head will pop with thinking so hard" he said and I laughed throwing the pen back at him.

"smart ass!" I shouted "tell me what you want to study last time we talked you said  a lawyer if you ever could." Christian said  truing back to his books.

"I want to be a nurse" I stood up "I don't know many from all the clean-up I did with you... I just really think I can help people." I added and Christian turned to me again

"You would be good at it, if you can avoid fainting at too much blood." He teased.

"Christian! I haven't fainted in a year... and I have had enough practice" I added

"true" Christian smiled "I am still going to study being an attorney and specialize in" he fell silent I knew what he wanted to say, Christian wanted to be a lawyer for children to save some one from growing up the way he did.

"I know" I said simply and he accepted it "now get your smart ass over here and help me with this stuff will you I need your brains nurse Emily and I hope you're  getting a dress for prom its only two days away"

*________*

Standing inside a large shop I was staring at all the extravagant dresses, the shop catered to prom dresses my mother and Hanna stood talking at the door. Why do I get the feeling that Hanna is stealing my mother? it probably didn't matter I browsed throw the dressed. I wanted to take Christians breath away , at least I felt better than I did when I woke up the nerves mast be getting to me as I was really, really nauseous. I picked up a soft pink gown  it was long  and flowing with  a slight V-neck line, The dress was not very stand out but

"NO, No, NO" Hanna announced snatching the soft pink gowned form my hands "You'll look like a born wall flower- why not be a wild flower Emily" Hanna said  tossing the dress at the store manager and started going throw the racks

"Why are you helping me" I asked unsure 

" I am making up for being a bitch to you the other night okay, I know fashion trust me" I wasn't too sure about this I know where trusting her got me last time.

____

Christian

So I finely walked back into my own house and something was different,  I walked upstairs to get my tux on, it's been  2 days since the big fight and its prom tonight. I did use the money my mother gave me and got a  suit and one those cheesy flower things you have to give to the girls, a corsage as I know next to nothing about flowers.  I went with something simple that made me think of her  as with rise with small green flowers tied with silver, it made me think of her green eyes... and I just noticed she was making me watch way to many  sappy movies.

"Christian, can you come  here please." my mum called and like always I came to her, yes I was mad at her but she was my mother after all. "Christian you were right"  she said  with a strange smile, a smile of acceptance on her face.

"What do you mean?" I dared to ask "He is my husband, and I might never get married again or even find someone to love me, but Christian you're my son" she stepped towards me and touched my dark purple bruise on my chin "You're my son and your more important" she said and a tear ran down her cheek "I am leaving him, he's in holding downtown right now..  but I am going to be moving in with aunt Linda before he gets out – and you have to come with me"  I never seen my mother look so brave "my sister said we are both welcome."