Part : 15 Prom night

My hands were sweaty, I felt nervous and I really do not know why, it was just a school function, true it will be the last one of my high school life. Prom was something everyone went throw, but standing here in Emily's house a place I been so many times before, I couldn't help wonder if this might be the last time I will stand  at the foot of her stairs waiting for her here. The move was happening and it was happening fast as I stood here mum was driving all our stuff over to hers sisters house.

"Emily are you done yet?" her mother called  as she stood next to me, it was easy to see the change in  Emily's mother, she  looked good and did seem happy in a way. The new boyfriend mast be a good guy, Emily has her doubts, but everything I was thinking slipped from my mind when  high heels stepped on the stairs.

"I am done" Emily said  her voice was shaky  she was nerves to, I couldn't say why, my heart raced at the sight of her the dress, dam it was a deep green the same color as the tie she made me wear – emerald green I think she said, it was an off shoulder dress and exposed her long neck with her  dark blond hair in locks pined up.

"Hi" I said like an idiot, Emily laughed  as she came down the stairs the enchantment of her entrance was soon upset when she really toppled down the stairs tripping with the high heels, heels  that really is something Emily should never wear ! but she did look amazing "careful  now, we don't want to have to go to prom with you  in an ambulance." I joked and toke her hand in mind before we posed for a picture form her mother. Then I did as my mother had instructed and picked up the small floral box I put down on the counter earlier  opening it and  softly taking out the   delicate green flowers  and white flower – corsage to place on her wrist

"Wow you really did go full out didn't you." Emily said  surprised  her green eyes where lit up with excitement and surprise.

"Why not. Only get one prom right" I said with a rueful simile, Emily smiled kissed my cheek and we were off, this time we toke Emily's mum's car it seemed the better option.

~Emily

Every time I step on Christians toes I flinch slightly, I am a really bad dancer – but its not like we had a lot of practice but somehow Christian seems to be doing it with  the same grace he has in a boxing ring, "Sorry" I whispered as my foot stepped on his, Christian flinched and swayed me to one side

"I would hate to get you angry Emily, my toes might not make it " he teased as the music stopped to make way for the next song.

"come on smart ass let's get punch" I laughed and Christian followed, it was hard to balance on this heels even harder  when my knees feel weak when I look at the date " let's hope no one spiked the punch ball yet." Christian said in a light tone.

"are you kidding Mrs. Roberts guards this bowl like a hawk" I replied with a smile. Christian nodded and went to get  us both some punch when I felt a tap on my shoulder " Mind if I steal a dance?" nick said in his charming tone, that tone that made girls like Cassandra or even my new soon to be stepsister Hanna would swoon over

"Hey, and I am sorry but  a dance with me will put your feet in a cast" I said quickly, 

this felt way to awkward d to  let it go on any more, why would he want  to dance with me "oh come on Emily, I am sure your date won't mind." He said smiling and giving Christian a wave.

"Sup man." Nick  switched from flirty to friendly in a hart beat I simply sighed  rolled my eyes and toke the punch from Christian.

"thank you" I smiled and  Christian and nick started talking about the game and what team is on top of the list, in other words I did not understand much of it but I was not going, but  while the boys were talking I toke a turn around the room. Watching all the dresses, and painfully high schools, watching the dancers move and the band play. "earth to Emily" Christian's voice broke throw I laughed as his hand came around my waist. For a second I was shocked thinking about who might see us, then I remember – I didn't care who saw us right now "You really do look good." He whispered against my ear "Did I tell you that yet?" he asked  "Well not in so many words, I remember a 'wow'"

The night was amazing and when the teacher started to make the announcement for prom king and queen. The room went silent I watched as girls started crossing fingers. "And let's start with the prom king" Mr. Brown said over the screeching microphone " Christian Swanson" the round of cheers went off, well I was not expecting it but I wasn't really surprised I smiled and gave his hand a squeeze.

"Go on"  whispered he seemed unsure  about it but  put a false smile on and walked towards the small stage  allowing the very short Mr. brown attempt to crown him, some giggles came from the crowed Christian  bent down slightly to give the teacher a better reach  to finely get the glittering crown on.

"And prom queen is Cassidy Williams" Awh yes now that I did expect she was beautiful, cheerleader her hair was blank  and bright eyes blue. Her dress was the most standouts and most off all racy , I did not like the way she looked at Christian like  a dog looks at a chew toy.

" They do look a cute couple" Nick said next to me, this was getting old fast

" I know what you're trying to do" I pointed out and watched as Christian walked down with her and they toke the first dance.

"I am just pointing out what the truth is Emily, you're a good girl you just aren't a match" Nick added putting his hand on my shoulder.

"And me and you are a match?" I asked in a snap "Well" he smiled and I shoved his hand off my shoulder "just stop please" I walked outside I needed fresh air this night was starting to go downhill, was I jealous? No, no I don't think so?  the light cold night breeze swept across my face and I take a deep breath , so much better.

  "What you doing out here" Christian asked  walking up behind me and dropped his jacket over my bare shoulders."I need some fresh air"  Christian smiled and kissed me, a perfect kiss his hands gently on my hips, perfect.

~Christian

We were driving home early, me and Emily decided that we wanted to cut out early, as it's the last night that we live next to each other. I have no idea how things will work from now but we'll take one day at a time. "So glade to be out this shoes" Emily said and I smirked.

"I warned you" he said and leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"eyes on the road" Emily snapped and I rolled my eyes I been driving since I was a kid –  I was my dad's sober diver from bars or to hospital's . The light turned green and as I pulled away all I saw was lights I gripped the wheel.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Emily screamed I heard screeching breaks as I tried to get out of the way "EMILY GET DOWN!" I yelled , Emily screamed everything  happened fast.  Shattered glass was everywhere, as the car finely stopped I couldn't move  the car had me trapped I looked to Emily, she  was what looked like resting against the airbag, thank God for airbags, that was my last thought as darkness claimed me.