Part: 9 - dinner surprise

How do you explain this, Nick shouldn't be here, I should have never tried to take  Emily on a date,  we broke routine now one of my friends are standing there with suspicion about this "Didn't think I would ever find you two  together, and eating ice creams no less." Nick said  his tone was light enough but I knew better , I knew this guy  better then he thought.

"Yea  got to say, I never thought so either." I kept my tone emotionless,  this was harder then I imagined, I did not want to hurt Emily's feelings I .. dam it all " Bumped into each other  a bit ago" I said then trying make it sound like it meant nothing, I did not want to look at Emily, because I knew there might be a sight of hurt in her beautiful eyes and it tor me up inside. " Treated her for some ice cream  are neighbors after all" I added smoothly Nick laughed,  good sign.

"If I lived next to you Emily -  I wouldn't have waited as long as" Nick winked, jealousy, that was the nagging feeling that started to threaten my well-earned control.

"one ice cream never hurt anyone" I said and finely looked to Emily, She gave a sweetly hart retching smile and  licked her ice cream.

"You boys have fun" ouch her tone was sarcastic and cold as ice "I really don't have time for you games, I am late meeting someone." Emily said, it felt like a slap in the face.

"see yea around" I said casually and Nick waved.

"latter beautiful" after she left nick whistled and turn to me,  "so you and her?" he asked, how easy it would be to say yes right now? Just admit it and have it out there.

"No" was the words leaving my moth – I am a coward...A utter coward.

~~~Emily~~~

I was not in a great mood, I didn't cry, I didn't make a fuss, but I did feel disappointed- Why wouldn't I, I am just so sick of hiding everything.Now as soon as I got home my mum let me know we are having dinner with her boss, the one that gave her the promotion. Could this day get any worse? Having to sit throw a strange stiff dinner with my mums boss, also the guy I saw in our house late at night.

 So he's probably her boyfriend now too, what happened to being married- but who was I to judge "You were really quiet at dinner?" mum stated as I dried off the dish's.

"I am just tired" I made the normal excuse, I needed to be normal ... if only.

"How's your exams going?" Mum attend small talk.

"We are starting English on Monday mum" There was something up, she normal didn't take such a intrastate in my daily activities.

  "There's something I need to tell you" and there it is I thought  I didn't like the sound off if.

"what's up" I said putting away the dish's now trying keep busy.

"just keep a open mind okay dear." she said and I looked to her.

"As long as your not pregnant" I snapped, I know harsh but i really didn't have the energy or  anything to deal with  that and I didn't care how bratty or selfish it sounded.  she gasped

"NO! How could you think that." I shrugged 'stranger things have happened." I wasn't feeling like being the doe eye daughter tonight, maybe I was being too hard on mum, she should be happy too?

Just because me and Christian where having a rough spot doesn't mean everyone else... no I want to be happy, I forced a smile over my lips, Me and Christian will get over it, we will figure it out somehow.  I wasn't letting him get away with his ice cream stunt easily, 'Hell have no furry like a woman's scorn' is the quote that our English teacher kept on her wall – a Victim of divorce she called herself.

"Well, Emily, things are starting to look good for us honey" oh I really didn't like that tone "And I really like Toby" Mum said okay she's got my attention "And I haven't heard anything from your father, I know it upsets you but it's true, Toby and I are thinking of moving in together." my world stopped yet she kept talking "It's just something to think about, he's got two kids and I am sure you would get along."

"No" I said aloud "NO" I repeated in shock, no way this is not happening I won't leave Christian's side. My head was staring to spin and my throat grew tight. 

"I said we are still just thinking about it, he's got a few big house Emily, a swimming pool – quiet well off you know." the more she said the worst it was getting, there was no way in hell  I would leave Christian. what wasn't she getting?! I won't leave!

"NO! I am going to bed!" I said rushing out of the kitchen nearly falling on the stairs as I ran up it, I needed to see Christian! I needed him!

Once in my room I slammed my door shut and quickly locked it, with in steps I was at my window looking over."where are you" I dialed his phone, they were thinking about it – thinking about moving? To this Toby guys house? What will happen with Christian? We did not have a lot of time left – my anger was gone I felt earlier and replaced with a dreaded fear of losing him.