Part 23 : The end ~ in your arms.

"Your wife?" My mind was spinning.

"Christian we just got out of high school... we... I  ..." My didn't know what to say, his blue eyes didn't move from mine, the slightly lazy smile over Christians lips made my blood heat up and made me even more dazed.

"Calm down Emily" he said with a laugh in his voice. "I am not acing you to elope right this second." he said and poked my cheek.

  "Married..." I sat quietly and Christian tugged my hair to get my attention back to his words.

"Don't think too hard, there smoke coming from your ears." He added before slowly getting up this time he only toke one crotch as he made his way to the kitchen. He was pushing himself I knew it, his pride made him, Christian wanted to prove something to himself sometimes, and normally I would know all about it  but right now my brain was making small sparks. Married? Would it be so bad, We already act like a married couple if I am not here at his aunt's house, then he is at my house. I bit down on my lip and watched Christian come back and sit down with a huff, strawberry cake in hand and a fork. I watched quietly as he made quick work of the slice of cake, a tester for my mothers wedding cake to be, the smile on his face and the smirks of satisfaction as he toke the last bit savoring the taste made me laugh.

"Sure why not" I said and it looked like Christian was about to chock on the cake. "What?" he asked in a caught "We done weirder things."

I  was still thinking of what happened between me and Christian this morning my lips tingled from his warm kiss, I knew I couldn't tell my mum until we  are settled  into collage,  yet I craved to tell  everyone some way "So all that's left is  to  get the gifts." Mum said flipping throw a large bridal magazine.

"Really I thought the guests gave you  gifts no other way around."  I said looking at the flowers  that my to be stepfather brought my mum. My thoughts still remained with  Christian, it all drew back. "I need to pack for collage mum." I added

"You'll stay till after the wedding right." mum wasn't asking, I was suspecting she was telling me, I nodded, I tolled Christian yes, but it would be a long engagement  , one I won't talk about to much, the truth is I am happy that I am part of his life, part of both of his worlds now.

"Yea about that" I scratched my neck awkwardly. "I really want to get a jump start on  getting our apartment ready" I said nervously, the apartment was still cheap but we would get a side job to cover  extra expenses.  " Not move in right away but , you know get everything ready, get to know the campus..." I trailed off , my mother's face did not look very pleasing to my idea's I knew what she was thinking and I know she's going to bring it up sooner or later.

  "I don't know, I really want you here for as long as  you can Emily." she closed the magazine and  put on  her serious expression "I don't think I like you moving in with a boy."  my mother mumbled  while her fingers played with the magazines page.

"Hes not just any 'boy', It's Christian mum." I said like it was a matter of fact thing, which it was.

"What about if you don't get along? If you break up or something happens." She said looking into my eyes, her eyes where filled with emotion.

"Trust me, these nothing Christian and I Can't handle"   I said with a smile  and touched her hand "I'll help with your wedding, Because no matter how I might feel or this thing with dad being back, I still want you to be happy, so please don't worry about Christian – We make each other happy." I said   and smiled – okay so maybe I was softening her up slightly playing on the feeling card but I did mean it, Toby is a okay guy even if  Hanna and I do not  get along or see eye to eye on everything  doesn't mean I don't like her or her brother.

~~~Christian~~~

Looking around at the small place we got, I couldn't help to feel amazed Emily got her mum and my mum to agree to dive us over to the apartment close to campuses that we scored. Sometimes she could  negotiate anything, she had sharp wit  yet a sharper tongue, a quality I liked and sometimes loathed about her. Our apartment was cozy and suited us , ground level yet it had access to the small garden. Emily loved it and I enjoyed the look she got while planning what small plants  she could collect. The place was small, really small but it had a decent bathroom one bedroom and kitchen with an added living area with will be our study/eating/living room. 

I walked towards the bedroom zone Emily was busy decorating, there were pillows everywhere on that bed.  "I hope there's room for me." I said with a smile, I couldn't help but love this idea, I had her to myself. Our live together leaving behind the way it was, the secret life I had and starting a brand new one with the girl that always pulled me for the darkness of my own house and gave me a home no matter where we are- Emily was home to me. "Owe hey !" I gasped as a  pillow hot my head the pillow hit the floor and looked to  Emily who sat on the bed with a cheeky smile "Hey your zoning out on me, I need to tell you something" she said  suddenly  she looked  slightly nervous, it made me frown.

" What's up?" and she  got off the bed with a hop  " If my mum asks, your sleeping on the sofa." Emily said  taking my hands.

"Aw I see " I whispered  and leaned towards her slowly till my  lips where itches  from hers I could see her eyes flutter closed and I let my lips touch hers closing my own eyes. Enjoying the soft kiss that started to heat up, it made me forget about  our mothers being outside  getting boxes from the car, when the door opened Emily nearly jumped from her skin, her cheeks redden slightly and I smiled. 

Our mums were so friendly to each other it was creepy,  they were like long lost best friends and considering they lived next door to each other and barely spoke, now they were talking about what hair salon did the best  cut or perm.

 I leaned against my crotches and watched my mother laugh and joke.  I was starting my studies  taking a career as in child protection. I want to be the person to protect a child, to make sure what happened to me will never happen to anyone. To show a child that you can raise above your past and use it to help others. I looked to Emily who laughed and stepped towards me taking my hand and I gave her hand a squeeze I knew that to matter what happened I had her fiery sprite that will always kick my ass or pull me back form the dark.

~Emily ~

I am no longer the girl in Christian's secret life

We have a new life together, I am his life and he is mine.

No matter how many challenges, no matter how far , for better or worse.

"We are getting married." I proclaimed proudly.