Part 18: Graduation and Reunion

Frustration, anger and abit of irritation, yes the doctors think is should see a shrinks because of my 'situation' as they said, but I don't need it all I need is for my legs to work again. I sighed but it wasn't happening – anytime soon, as I sat in the wheel chair thinking of this depressing idea Emily walked in with only the loud stumbles that she could, it made me smile "Come on we going to be late! We have a lot to do today." she said leaning down kissing my cheek I couldn't help bruising my hand over her cheek.

"Oh yea? Like what" I asked undoing the chairs breaks allowing her to stack the bag on my lap and do the pushing, I gave up fighting her on it.

 "Let's see  get your room set up at your aunties house." She said  she was really cheerful today, I wonder why. It was slightly additive her smile it made me feel Ike maybe there was something to look forward too .

"Then there's the graduation tomorrow."She added, yup then another head ace collage it's still an  ongoing argument with the school about  my collage fund, I can really get in on a boxing  scholarship  seeing as I can barely walk more than 5 steps.

"Your frowning again." Emily said pointing out the obvious.

"How would you know your being me" I said  rolling my eyes.

"because I can see the smoke coming from your ears." she said and softly bumped me  at the back of my head "let's just enjoy today okay" she added, and I agreed.

~~~ Emily~~~

 Christian sat on his bed watching me, he's been lost in thought all day, and I have been trying to cheer him up. I wasn't sure where our relationship stood at the moment all I knew was I was not letting him push me away a again. I sat his crutches against the wall and  pushed the chair away " it's a bit bigger than your old room." I commented breaking the silence, Christian gave me a slight smile

"Yea I guess it is." he said  and patted  the spot on the bed next to him, ever since we had that argument I have been avoiding any topics that were to serious.

"You told me to enjoy today." he said and touched my hair "yet your as nerves as our first kiss." he teased I could feel my cheeks heating up slightly.

"Its juts, I don't want anything going wrong." I said truthfully, Christian sighed again "Look everything that could go wrong already did" He said but something in his tone bothered me. " I mean really Emily we don't even live next to each other anymore. Our prom night ended with  a crash and  now I got a wheel chair and some metal in my legs." he said and I flinched "But I still have you right" He stated, it was not  a question, and it felt like a weight was off my shoulders.

"I love you grumpy" I smiled and kissed his cheek "My auntie has a door keep open while girl in room policy." He said with a wink and I punched his arm.

"pity" I teased "I don't think I can climb throw your new bedroom window with crutches or a wheelchair." he teased.

"Oh well we'll have to see" I said putting my head against his shoulder. "Just don't be late for graduation or I'll beat your ass with our own walking stick." I smirked.

Christian was stubborn we wanted to walk on stage and get his diploma, I held my breath as they called his name, dam it. Christian stood up slowly leaning heavily into the crotches and looked at me before he made his way to relieve the award. I could tell he was in pain, yet his pride and thick head forced him up the few steps and toke his rewarded gave a slight nod to the teachers and retreated. It was my turn, my mother gave a few embarrassing sniffs as I got that rolled up paper, and the annoying tassel from my black graduation cap kept getting in my face. Ever since we gotten into Toby's house it's been different and I have tried to spend as little time as possible there, as I walked down the steps my heart stopped, everything stood still at the back of the large hall stood my father, he seemed a statue, a figure I have not seen in so long yet   lightly thinner with a hint of a beard, did my mum know he was here? So many questions ran throw my mind, I wanted to shout at him and hug him at the same time.

The next name was called and I walked down straight to Christian."Dad's here " I wished he seemed confused.

"My dad?" he asked "Yea i know,  I saw him lingering at the door" he added.

"no my dad" I said and I could tell he was surprised.