Chapter 17 - Gloom

You didn't like the atmosphere of the mess hall, which had pretty much become a meeting place for the cram school students.   It was dark, or at least down.  It was slightly depressing and that was the last thing you wanted after what happened with Masaru.  The boy was in intensive care because of the extensive internal injuries that were side effects of being possessed by Satan. 

He was now loose in the world, Masaru having freed him of the restraints of his home dimension.  The twins especially didn't like that, mostly because of how they foiled his plans the last time he was here. 

"Hey, I'm hungry Rin.  Do you think that your Ukobach will mind if I make a sandwich?" Bon stood, breaking the silence that had fallen thickly on everyone after Yukio and you explained what had happened. It was mostly Yukio, but you jumped in to correct him once or twice.

"I'm not sure. Let me do it just in case." Rin walked into the kitchen and Bon sat heavily, upset that he couldn't even make himself food to ease the tension. He was almost growling. Never the less, when Rin returned, Bon ate it quickly, seemingly enjoying every bite. It was rather entrancing, watching him eat. It wasn't messy, but it wasn't too neat either. You made a mental note to watch Rin eat once. And Yukio. Knowing the boys though, Rin was probably horrid to watch and odds were that Yukio was pleasant to watch.

The younger Okumura cleared his throat. "After the events of this evening, I doubt the three of you want to be in a room alone, even if you do have each other and regardless of how well you can take yourself." The last statement was aimed at Izumo directly.

"Fine. Where will we sleep then?" Her lip looked farther out than usual.

"I don't see why we can't all be in the same room. As long as everyone stays in their bed, it should be fine." This one was thrown at Shima.

"Hey! If they say no, I respect that." You raised an eyebrow. "Besides, do you really thing Bon won't keep in my own bed?" Suguro's arms were crossed and he nodded.

"Well, I guess it's decided. Ladies, grab your things." Yukio ended the meeting.

- - - - - - -

In the morning, Yukio found out that he was warning the wrong person to stay in their bed.

You woke up warm, and you didn't want to actually get up. You snuggled closer to the heat source before realizing that it was a person. You started to freak out, assuming that it was Shima, but you felt something cool around your thigh. It was furry, and wrapped up under your shorts. Your initial reaction was that it was a snake, and that you couldn't move. Then you thought it over and figured out that your boyfriend was cuddling with you, and you smiled.

Yukio didn't. From the bedside table, he pulled a spray bottle and hit Rin in the face with cold water. "Hey. Rin. What did I say last night?" The sass was real in the taller twin. Rin actually hissed before clinging to you tighter.

Rin responded but Yukio didn't understand. "He said that he couldn't resist. He says that I looked so inviting and he just climbed into bed with me." Yukio exhaled sharply.

"I don't blame you, [y/n], you aren't the one that broke the rules I set last night." You kept to yourself the fact that you might have remembered someone sneaking into bed with you.

"Sir? Did you just spray Okumura with a water bottle?" Konekomaru spoke up for once, actually curious about why on earth Yukio did what he did.

"Yes. Do you like being hit with cold water first thing in the morning?" Everyone shook their heads. "Then stay in your own bed tonight." He gave everyone a menacing state before telling us to get ready for the day.

That night, Rin snuck into your bed again, when you were still awake, and he took all the blame again the next morning. You honestly loved how stubborn he was sometimes.