Chapter 4 - It Begins

You soon fell into a routine in which Rin made lunch for you and you helped him with homework. You saw less and less of Masaru and he was confused at this. Sure, you had school now, but couldn't you at least stop by every once in a while?

"Emi-san!" A friend of yours was walking to her class at True Cross Academy. She turned and smiled.

"Hey [y/n]. How are you doing lately?" Emi was usually secluded and kept to herself, but you cracked her shell the first week of school. You've known each other for a month and a half.

"I'm doing well. And you? I heard about Takashi..." You loved to tease her about her crush. As if on cue, she blushed.

"Uh, well, I've been worse. and Takashi didn't ask me out." You pouted, then smiled.

"Whatever. I gotta go, but I'll see you later." You took off to a quiet, empty hallway where you could use your key to get to the cram class.

- - - - - - -

That evening, you took Rin home so the two of you could study without Yukio breathing down your necks on how 'inappropriate' it was for a teenage boy and girl to be in a room together, alone. That boy could really stand to loosed up.

Masaru saw you laughing and joking with the blue-eyed older brother. The baker watched as Rin picked you up and piggy-backed you the rest of the way home. "Rin~!! Put me down!" He didn't listen of course, but he did as soon as you threatened to lock him out of the apartment.

"[y/n]? Who's this?" Masaru finally spoke up, and you looked to him, having forgotten that he worked the bakery all day. You didn't see him acting standoffish, but Rin did.

"I'm [y/n]'s boyfriend." He wiggled his eyebrows. You smacked his arm. Maybe you smacked it a bit too hard, in your opinion. Rin hardly felt it though.

"Rin!" You turned to Masaru. "Rin isn't my boyfriend." said twin popped in with a 'yet' that sounded oddly similar to Shima's. "Anyway. See ya later Masaru-kun."

Masaru seethed with jealousy when he saw the was you were at ease around the boy with pointy ears. Masaru made a vow to have you to himself. The baker didn't like Rin and he was going to prove to you that the blue eyed boy was no good for you.