Chapter 12 - Awkward

It was...odd...with Masaru in the classroom with everyone.  There wasn't one of them who knew what to do, even though you were the only one who really knew who he was. The other kids knew that he was different, they just couldn't place why.

It was lunchtime and the usual suspects were all siting outside under a tree so that it was warm yet shaded. Izumo sat glaring at Bon since he accused Marasu of being the devil due to a 'gut feeling'. If that was the case though, Rin would have felt it too.

"Rin very well may just be incapacitated due to his love for [y/n] though." The both of you blushed. Rin was insistent that you hide your relationship even though you thought that the team would accept. A mental conversation began between the two of you while the group kept talking.

We should tell them.
No.
Why not??
How would they react?
I mean, they pretty much already knew anyway...
No way!
Come on. The way we act? Talk about one another?

There was a pause in the conversation. Someone had asked Rin a question, the likes of which were unknown to him. He rolled his eyes in a manner that told you what he was going to do. You also knew what the group was gonna say.

"Uh...guys?" The majority looked annoyed, knowing that Rin hadn't payed attention to their ideas on what to do about Masaru. "[y/n] and myself are, uh, kinda in a relationship." They were unimpressed.

"Yeah, so what?" Izumo voiced the collective opinion. Rin was dejected.

"Oh. Okay. Um, what was the question you asked me again?" Koneko repeated it, him being the only one with any patience in the group other than Shiemi, but she wasn't going to say anything to you guys. For reasons she couldn't articulate, her chest was hurting. It wasn't like a demon was hurting her, it felt more natural. At the same time, a weight felt like it was removed from her shoulders. She wasn't aware to her feelings the way Yukio was, but she felt like it had something to do with Rin and yourself. Tears stared to pour down her porcelain face.

The raven haired demon sitting beside you instantly grew concerned. "Shiemi? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" And he was by her side, looking into her sapphire eyes. She shook her head.

"I don't know. I don't know what's wrong." She was smiling through her sobs, but it seemed ironic almost, depressing and fake. You got up and ran to get Yukio. You would bet that he would know what to do.

Running through the halls was never something you did during school, but with an emergency (like when you ran for your life from Bonbon) you had to sprint. You didn't know where the teacher was, but you were sure that you could find him. You heard his voice nearby.

"I don't know what you think you're doing, but I won't allow you to hurt my brother." He was talking to Masaru.

You could hear the smile from behind the corner. "I don't know what you're talking about, Sir. I simply wanted to learn the art of exorcism." The lie was blatant. What would happen if Rin found out? You backed up the hall an started to run towards them.

"Yukio! Yukio!" He knew that it was important if you weren't calling him Yuki-chan. "Come quickly! Something's wrong with Shiemi!" He whispered something to the dark haired boy before turning towards you.

"Lead the way, [y/n]." You grabbed his wrist, scared for Shiemi, and took off.