Chapter 9 - Indeed, Lord Satan

The boy was content. You were to be his, not that stupid Okumura's. To get run if that demon kid, the simple solution was to get his father to ground him. A simple incantation and ceremony would suffice to convince Satan to do so.

The antagonist of this story thought it would be simple. A few candles, a couple of chalk lines, blood of a virgin...

He would use his own blood since he didn't want to hurt anyone but Okumura. This boy had a few things to learn about summoning creatures from the other world.

He hissed as he cut his palm, not realizing he should have sterilized the knife beforehand, and a couple of small stones were in the way of his rune circle, making it incomplete.

He began to chant, dripping blood from the inside of his hand, flinching as he pressed his fingernails into the cut to increase blood flow. He chanted faster as smoke billowed in his basement, around the boy. The many candles he lit started to flicker, and he was wary, not wanting them to extinguish. Soon enough, an ominous red glowing was seen in the center of the chalk diagram.

"Why is it that you summed me?" A rather deep voice resounded through the small quarters he had been called to. The boy performing the task shook where he stood. He hadn't thought it would have actually worked.

"Lord Satan, I know I am in no position to ask a favor, but I have but a humble request." The king of demons looked at the mere human standing before him. The boy was idiotic, he could tell simply by being near him. The boy was this way in two ways. The first, being he had mistook his infatuation for love, as young people often do. The second was a state of having always been moronic and ignorant. This would be a fun day for the king.

"I understand. Simply by looking at you I know your request. You want me to take care of your rival, the teenage boy known as Rin Okumura, correct?" This royal man knew how long he'd be able to stay in our world by coming himself, but being summoned was a different story, as was his presence being requested incorrectly.

"Indeed, Lord Satan. I wish for you to dispose of that boy." Satan smiled at this. He was simply waiting for the right moment.

"Wonderful. Now, I need you to send me back. I will strike at the correct moment." The boy was slightly confused, but complied. He was busy in doing so, that he he didn't notice the regal demon slip out of his confinements and into the shadows of his mind.