Chapter 8 - Strike 3?

This was Rin's last chance. He'd already blown his first two chances, and knew this was his last one. His mind was made up that you were going to be his girlfriend no matter what, and everyone knew how stubborn the onyx haired boy could be.

He knew that the first thing he was going to do when you said yes, was kiss you. He had fantasied about pressing his lips to your innocent ones, not pulling away unless absolutely necessary. He just hoped that you were going to say yes. He wanted to spend all his free time around you, his best friend outside of his twin, Yukio. Rin knew that Yukio liked you as a friend and wouldn't mind you being around all the time, so he was clear around that department.

The twins being the sons of Satan and kind of demons at the same time, however, he wasn't sure how he was going to break it to you. You were smart though, and he knew this. He wouldn't be able to hide his tail from you forever. Yukio might be able to, but Rin couldn't help but accept the fact that he was very reckless. He wouldn't be able to keep his secret for long.

The demon boy saw you walking towards him after your Dragoon class with Yukio. Rin was waiting for you at your apartment, outside of the bakery downstairs. He could feel the sweat sliding down his back, the claminess of his palms and every single razor winged butterfly in his stomach. What was he going to say? He just realized that his mind was blank, and that he had nothing prepared. He was going to have to wing asking you out. What if you said no? What if -

Rin cut off his line of thinking. negative thoughts were going to help him none. Coherent thoughts began to form in his brain. This wasn't a moment to be prepared, he realized. This was going to all be on the spot, from the heart, no matter how odd the heart may be. You were in shouting distance now. Every second you came closer. Rin knew that he had to ask you verbally, that you wouldn't accept if he wasn't man enough to tell you in his own words how he felt. This mental pep talk was calming Rin down, and he felt as if he would be able to conquer the world, just not ask out a girl.

You were right in front of him now.

"Hey Rin. What's up?" He gulped and tried to wet his desert of a mouth.

"Uh, not much. I kind of have a question for you." You nodded, acknowledging him that he could continue. "I, um." he sighed and began again. "[y/n]. I have liked you for a while now and wondered if you would pleasure me by becoming my girlfriend. I will always be there when you need me and I will always be loyal. [y/n], will you go out with me?" You stood there for a moment.

Worry ran through the raven headed boy's mind. 'Shit, she's going to say no. I can see it in her face. Oh well. Strike-' he was interrupted when you spoke.

"Rin, uh, I'm flattered." He looked down. You were declining. Or so, that's what he thought. "I'd love to go out with you." He looked up, seeing your smile, and was unsure how to respond. Instead, he simply said nothing. He rushed over to hug you, planting a long awaited, loving kiss on your virgin lips.