Chapter 13 - Date Night

Yukio had simply told Shiemi to lay down in her room, and polka-brow helped her to the gardener's dorm.  He refuse to indulge the details of her condition to any of the teenagers hanging out in the courtyard, and everyone was a bit worried. He assured all of you that she was fine, and that seemed to calm you all down. 

"So, [y/n]," Rin was lightly blushing.  "We haven't been on a date since I asked you out, so I was wondering  if we could have movie night or something?"  He was looking away, completely flustered at the concept of spending time alone with you.  You giggled at the knowledge.

"Okay.  I don't see why not.  My place?"  Rin thought for a moment.

"Sure.  Horror or Romantic Comedy?"  You nodded as if to say 'both.'  "Deal.  See ya then, [y/n]!!"  and with that the blue eyed boy ran off, a wide smile across his face.

You didn't actually want to watch a horror movie, that was Rin's thing, but you really wanted the chance to cuddle with your boyfriend.  You wondered which movie that the boy was going to choose for that night.  The older twin was evil when it came to knowing how to scare you.

- - - - - - -

A nice array of films were spread out on the table while the popcorn was going in the kitchen.  You stared at the options, which included, but were not limited to 'Fifty First Dates,' 'Ouija,' 'Pitch Perfect,' 'Frozen,' and 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron.'  There were at least three more scary movies, and Rin was making faces as you reached for a case.  A frown and/or pout was evident when you reached for one of the musicals and a queasy face was made when your hand hovered over the chick flick or the superhero movie.  Horror it was. 

"Hey Rin, why don't you pick a movie while I get the popcorn?  It's almost done."  He nodded eagerly, and you were instantly scared for your mental health.  When you grabbed the snack from the microwave, Rin was popping a disc into the movie player known as your PlayStation.  Dark music was heard as you moved from the yellow kitchen to the purple living room.  You mentally sighed as you tucked yourself into the waiting arms or Rin on the couch.

Halfway through the movie, Rin got up to use the restroom and left the movie playing, having already seen it with his brother.  He left you alone on the couch and you were curled into a fetal position, eyes wide.  Your breathing was audible while you watched, not noticing when the bathroom door opened.  The soundtrack in the film was going into a crescendo, the pitch getting scarier and scarier, when a deep voice was heard behind you.

"Christmas lights!"  You screamed and instinctively threw a punch, hitting Rin square in the chest, hard.  He stumbled back from the impact and turned the lights on before you could think to pummel him any more.  "Wait, [y/n], it's just me!!  I'll admit, I deserved that!"  You stopped, your hand already on your phone, the dialing screen showing. 

You were so frustrated with your boyfriend that you started to cry.  "Rin, you jerk!  You know how hesitant I was to watch this movie!"  He nodded and moved to the right side of the couch to cuddle with you, waiting for you to calm down. 

"I know.  I'm sorry, [y/n].  Next time, should we watch Frozen?"  You nodded, burrowing your face deeper into the chest of your boyfriend.