Chapter 6.5 - Blue Water

Yukio was done with you and Rin. He needed a break, and what better way to do it than going to the beach? At least, that's what he thought before he got there.

There was an endless ocean all right - of people that is. Yukio walked down the boardwalk accentuating the sandy water front, just to see her there. He took a breath. Today is the day he'll confess his feelings.

Her laugh filled the air. "Hey! Yukio-kun! How're you doing?" The girl was always so kind.

"I'm, uh, good. And you?" He gulped. Yukio really didn't know if he could do this yet, and as a teacher, he knew it would be wrong to date a student of any kind, not just a student of his. Yukio was in a pickle, and he didn't like pickles.

The girl giggled. "I'm awesome. It's great to see you. I really want you to meet someone. She has really turned my life around. I just don't know where she is at the moment. Follow me!!" She then grabbed his wrist and took off without a word.

Poor Yukio was all tongue tied over the girl's laugh. He could listen to it all day if she'd let him. Not in a creepy way, of course.

A couple of minutes later, the girl and Yukio walked into an ice cream parlor. "There you are. I thought that you been left behind." A girl stood with a small boy at the counter, waiting to be helped.

"I found an old friend. I told you about Yukio-kun, did I not?" the two girls seemed closed but the Dragoon didn't know how close they really were. The one with the child spoke to Yukio.

"Hey, I'm Yuniko. This is my little brother, Karama. Pleasure to meet you." She held out her hand, indicating that Yukio should shake it. He did so.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine. I'm Yukio Okumura. if you don't mind my asking, what exactly is the relationship between you two?"

"Oh," Yukio's friend speaks up. "Yuniko is my girlfriend."