Chapter 16 - Confession

"Okay, let me get this straight...you two are telling me that you're the sons of Satan?"  The twins were sitting opposite of each other at one of the tables in the dining room, and you were standing perpendicular to them.  "You have got to be kidding me.  You think I'll really believe that?  Okay, you guys are demons.  That explains the tails and ears and teeth and eyes-"  Yukio looked sharply to Rin.  "-but believing that you two are the twin sons of big bad himself is kind of a stretch."  Yukio chuckled very nervously.

"Well, you see, Rin was the only one with all of his power from the beginning.  I only retrieved my own devil traits when I was possessed a few months ago."  Your eyebrows furrowed.  Possessed?  You were about to speak before a dark shadow crossed your peripheral.  Your hand instinctively went to your thigh, but as you weren't wearing a holster, you grabbed Rin's sleeve instead.

"I think Masaru's here."  The raven haired teenager turned around to see nothing.  "He creeps me out.  He didn't before, but now that he's in the class...something's off."  Yukio glanced around. 

"You're not the only one that to think that.  I may not have known him before as you did, but I sense a dark vibe from him."  Rin was looking where you thought you had seen your baker friend.  He had felt that aura before, more than once, but he didn't know from where.  He was staring off in the direction in which you had been looking before.  There was nothing there.

- - - - - - -

"I don't want to go alone...would you go with me, Izumo?" Shiemi wanted to get a drink of water, but was intimidated by the big, old, dark, empty dorm.

"And why can't you go alone?" The girl was laying in a bed while wearing her jammies.

"Because it's scary~" The blonde girl was pouting and her big green eyes were pleading.

"Fine. Get up." Izumo stood and stalked out the door, Shiemi following. You flopped back on your pillow, texting Rin. You heard a noise to your left. Your eyes widen. You sent Yukio a text for help, seeing Masaru in the doorway. The baker smiled like a snake.

"Hello, [y/n]. How are you on this lovely evening?" The dark haired boy came into the room, and sat on the edge of your bed.

You swallowed. "I'm fine. And you?" You offered a nervous smile. Masaru looked at you like you were a prize to be won.

"I'm glorious, now that I have a vessel to occupy. That is, one that won't reject me." You saw the blue flame in Masaru's eyes and your chest constricted. You clenched your jaw as to not scream.

"You mean...you, you're, you're...you're Satan?" You saw Yukio outside of the door, his eyes wide. "Are those boys really your children?" Masaru smirked.

"You really doubted them?" Your heart was racing. You swallowed.

"So how did you take over his body?"

"I'm honestly surprised you don't know. He was jealous. He summoned me. This meat suit did it wrong though." The demon possessed boy moved closer to you, nose nearly touching your cheek. He was whispering now. "You know, if you ever summon a demon, don't use your own blood. It lets them bind to your soul and take over your body." His eyes were half lidded and he licked his lips. You closed your eyes and tried to shrink into yourself. Finally, Yukio chose this moment to intercept.

"Long time, no see, Dad. It's been a few months since you were last possessing someone." Satan turned around to see his youngest with a gun aimed on him.

"You know, you lasted rather long when I was in there. Honestly, I was surprised. Of course, now that my cover's blown, I will have to go now." Masaru's eyes glowed a brighter blue and blood began to stream from his eyes. "Bye."