33 - Gone

Chapter 33

"I still think this is a bad idea Jackie. Besides I thought you said you weren't going to meddle with the situation and leave Logan and Derek to this." Emma hissed through her teeth, again we were at the police department. If I needed to beat the crap out of Chris I would gladly do it.

"Jacqueline so nice to see you." he said coyly.

"Where in the hell is he?" I asked ignoring his kindness.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He crossed his arms and I swung a hand across his face. A loud slap caused officers to come to us.

"Please Miss, you can't touch the prisoner." One of them, with a bushy mustache intervened.

"I'm sorry officer it won't happen again."

"Where is Toby? I know you had to do something with his disappearance, with the help of Don." He seemed impress with what I knew.

"You're such a clever girl, why come to me when you have the answers right in front of you." I blinked rapidly.

"What?"

"Oh Jackie, stop it. You're making it extremely difficult. The answers will be found right where you least expect them. Besides its not my problem anymore, I'm done." He stood up heading back to the cells where he would remain his days.

Emma and I left afterwards and we headed back home, Katie was trying to find a job with the help of Derek. He was opening a gallery of his own in American waters and he would need the help of a secretary to greet everyone. That's where Katie would come in handy. Emma and I searched and searched for clues in Toby's account and then something hit me.

"Wait go back to email number three."

I reread it over and over something seemed to ring about Lincoln Ave., warehouse number two. Then it hit me like a bucket of cold water, of course!

"Emma hand me an old phone that's inside one of the drawers in the kitchen." Emma shot for the kitchen and I heard rustling, meanwhile I opened Google maps and searched for the address. Emma brought back a dead phone and I quickly charged it turning it on when I had the chance. I scrolled through the old messages and found one from Toby that matched with this address.

Show up at Lincoln Ave. At 4:30 pm, warehouse number 2. Don't be late.

"Of course, it all makes sense now." I said getting up and walking back in forth. "That address was the same one where Toby ratted out Chris. If Chris would've picked anyone it would've been him, to get revenge for it."

Emma face lit up as soon as I explained everything. "So then this Don guy now took matters into his own hands and is trying to get Toby to pay up his debt."

"Yes, and if they were to leave him alone it's only for the money, and I'm pretty sure the last email gives out the amount." Emma quickly scrolled up to see how much cash was needed, our jaws nearly made it to the floor once we was it was half a million.

"We're never going to be able to get that amount in time. Toby could be in grave danger." I closed my eyes blowing out a breath of air.

"I have a savings account back in Long Beach, my parents deposit something each month. They're doing that until I turn twenty-one, I think that by now I might have that amount."

I quickly logged into my account and in fact I did have that amount, and slightly even more. I smiled to myself and showing Emma. "We have to get this fast."

***

"It's so good to be back home." Logan exclaimed, he had Ryan in his arms and looked around the house. I wrapped my arm around his waist hugging him tightly. Mia pranced in front of us.