14 - Held by Him

Chapter 14

Logan's POV

No wonder Jackie has gotten over me so fast. Derek's in America, surely he has already gotten a chance to kiss her sweet lips. Those lips that had been kissed by me.

He's probably already had his arms wrapped around her, hugging her tightly close to his body. I guess, it's time to move on myself.

To push past the pain that consumes me every night, when I try to fall asleep. To go to work and see her just like any another girl. But here's the difference.

I still love her.

But does that matter to her now? Was it worth it? Was it worth just to see her smile just once rather than have her die? Of course it did!

I'm not going to lie, of course I'll always love her. Always, no doubt about it. But I'd rather have her happy full of life, than Mia and Ryan not having their mother, and I having to deal with the guilt of not doing the transfusion. Does that make any sense?

Point made, I still love her.!

I was in bed, turning my head watching both my children fast asleep. Ryan resembling Jackie's features, her lips. I sighed deeply, the bed moved and I saw Mia open he eyes. "Daddy?"

"Yeah baby girl?"

"Can't you sleep?" she asked sitting up, I nodded.

"Yeah, just thinking." I replied.

"What about? Lemme guess, grown up stuff?" she asked smiling.

"Yeah. S-so w-when d-did Derek a-arrive?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows and looking down on my wrists.

"About two days ago, mommy greeted him running out the house and hugged him." she answered., I felt my heart choke my throat.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah but I don't like him." she said finally lying down.

"And why might that be?" I asked.

"I don't know. He's really nice, but I feel that he might like mom. Although she said otherwise."

Now that caught my attention.

"What did your mom say?"

"Well she said she didn't love him, that he was just a good friend." she replied, I tilted her chin up with my finger, as her sight was on the comforter.

"Was that all?" I asked anxiously.

"She said she'd never replace you as our father. That you'd be the only one in Ryan and my lives." she replied.

"A-and what did she say about herself? Does she still love me?" I asked hopefully, Mia shrugged.

"I can't quite remember, I fell asleep on that part. She just smiled and nodded but I can't make out he worlds she said to me." she replied frustrated. "I wish I'd pairs attention."

"Don't worry about it, we'll worry about it in the morning. Right now try to get some shut-eye. Kay?" I said kissing her forehead.

Mia nodded and closed her eyes, I looked out the window, smiling a little. At least she won't be replacing me anytime soon.

I hope.

Your POV

"Best pizza ever!" Derek exclaimed wiping his fingers on a towel Natalie had given him.

"Glad you liked it. Seems like we're going to have to order another one." Natalie teased, Derek's expression went blank.

"I'm terribly sorry! I had no idea, I'm such a prude." he said ashamed of himself. I smiled shaking my head no.

"She's just screwing with you. There's an unopened pizza box in the kitchen, don't worry about it." I spoke up, Derek turned to Natalie glaring at her.

"That is the second single-handily bitchiest thing you have done to me today." he said still throwing daggers with his eyes at Natalie.

"Why what she'd do?" I asked, Natalie started laughing and Derek turned to me.

"She flushed the loo while I was taking a shower." he replied, a small smile curling into his lips.

"I said I was sorry. How was I supposed to know that you were taking a shower.?" she asked defensively.

"Well by the fact that I'm a terrible singer and I only sing when I'm in the shower." he replied. I let out a small laugh, taking a small bite of my pizza slice.

We finished eating, Natalie took the trash and we stayed in the living room, where we were eating. I ran my hand through my hair sighing deeply. "What is it love?"

I turned to Derek who was giving me a worried face. "It's nothing, I just miss my kids."

"Well obviously to some other people it might seem like nothing but to you and I. Well it's obviously something." he chuckled, I smiled standing up from the floor. Sitting next to him, he quickly surrounded his arms around me, pulling me close.

I closed my eyes, letting my head lay upon his chest. Closing my eyes hard enough to think, to convinced self that I was held by him.

Held by Logan.

~~~~~

I know it's short, but I hope you guys like it. I've been receiving a lot of comments on the last chapter.

Oh to clear out things, the reason why as Logan had never been an ass to Jackie was because she beat him to it and kicked him out of the house. Hope that made sense.

Vote&Comment