16 - Clueless Rebound

Chapter 16

Logan's POV

"Please just say what I need to hear." I pleaded her, looking into her deep brown eyes. She bit her lower lip, not replying. "So?"

"I think you've drank to much tonight." Jackie said. "Maybe the glasses of champagne have had a bigger effect than myself."

"Well you know what they say drunkards and children always say the truth." I replied chuckling. "I love you Jackie."

"Logan please just stop. Stop saying things that by morning you've already forgotten." she said, I took her hand into mine out finger lacing.

"A feeling isn't something that you can't forget. I love you and I mean it." I said, my free hand took the nape of her neck, and brought her closer to my lips once more. Crushing hard onto her lips, probably hard enough to bruise her, but I didn't care.

I broke from her, leaning my forehead on hers. "Please Jackie, say you love me too."

The door opened to reveal a worried Derek. Jackie turned to him smiling.

"I gotta go I'm sorry." she said.

She walked away, Derek wrapping his arm around her small beautiful frame. I began sobbing quietly, letting the pain consume me entirely. Not caring if the same doomsday came and got me by surprise.

Your POV

"You shouldn't have let him kissed you." Derek spoke up.

We were heading home, Derek driving. My head against the window looking at the skylights. "What?"

"You know that that is only going to make you fall back. And we can't let that happen, you've made tremendous progress and we can't let that go all down the drain Jacqueline." he explained, over the course of the time period of Derek being here, I let him in everything.

From the moment I had a bullet in my abdomen, to where I had a divorce certificate in my hands. So he pretty much also knew when I heard Logan saying he had to be a total jerk in order for me to keep living. And Derek's been able to help me in every step of the way, guiding me through the decisions that have been made. But tonight, not even he could guide me through it.

"I didn't mean for it to happen." I mumbled defensively.

"If things were meant to happen, we wouldn't be where we are now, would we love?" he shot back.

"Well I don't know, you know everything from point a to point b. it's kinda hard for me to just look at this like a game, which to Chris this obviously is. A twisted game where neither of us three wins." I replied.

"Which three?" he asked curiously.

"Well obviously Chris, Logan and I. Chris is the California state penitentiary, Logan is threatened to stay way from me, and I'm a total bitch towards him. Pretending I have no idea of the hell he's doing." I finished sighing.

"Well that's life for you." he chuckled, I smiled lightly.

"I guess so."

"Jackie although it hurts to admit, you looked beautiful when you were dancing with that old chap." he said.

"Thanks." I murmured.

Tonight had been a night were feelings I just couldn't take it. My feelings for him had grown for him even more, and just being kissed by him seriously blew me away.

"Alright we're here love." Derek mumbled, with my thinking I hadn't realized we had arrived home. I pulled the handle in the car door opening and stepping out. Letting the night's cool breeze hit my face, the air was damp and I loved every bit of it.

Derek quickly came over to my side closing the car door, and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry love, time heals all."

"Will it really though?" I asked softly.

"Will of course, every pain, every cut, leaves a scar." he said, "this isn't any different Jackie."

I would've begged to differ, but I had absolutely no energy to argue. We got to the front door, going inside, and letting the warmth of my home cover me from head to toe. My kids' love was all that I needed this moment, something that could relieve the pain that was burning under my skin.

At least for now.

Logan's POV

"Logan, Logan? Logan!" I heard someone grab my shoulder and shake it.

"What?" I groaned, wiping the drool on the corner of my mouth. I looked up to find Demi crossed armed.

"Logan do you have any idea what just happened?" she asked concerned.

I looked at my surroundings to find myself on the balcony, leaned on the stone rails. Apparently I had fallen asleep, without even knowing. At this moment I was completely sober.

"No, wha-what happened?" I asked. Demi smiled, kneeling and took a seat next to me.

"You fell asleep, during the party. And just to let you know, the party is over. Emma and Kendall have already left. The only people who are here are the cleanup crew, well besides us." she smiled gently, taking my hand.

"I'm so sorry." I began, " I didn't mean to fall asleep and leave you alone during the reception."

"It's okay, I wasn't alone anyway. When your Demi, you're more than likely not to be alone." she smirked.

"Yeah I guess your right, I'd like to make it up to you anyway." I said, she shook her head no, looking down to her wrists.

"Try to make it up to yourself, you need to... I don't know try to get over Jackie?" she said sounding unsure. "This isn't healthy for you. Not for you, not for the bands sake, and certainly not for your kids."

Demi's POV

"Then what can I do? Tell me, how can I get over this heartbreak?" he asked me. I looked to my sides, seeing if anyone was around to see what I was going to do.

"Well... Maybe like this." I replied softly placing my hand on the nape of his neck. Leaning in closer and kissing him gently, then pressuring my lips on his.

The kiss turned into something hungrily, passionate, but without sentimentality. Absolutely no spark whatsoever ignited between us both. His lips were fierce on mine, but I could tell he also didn't feel a thing. I pulled back looking away, coughing slightly. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah... Me too. Maybe we should get going, it's already late." he said, furrowing his brows.

We both stood up, making our way to his car, no words between us. The silence creeped over us both, making it awkward to even look at each other. Why had I kissed him?

A favor it was.

A favor of having Jackie out of his thoughts, body, mind, and soul. To get his feet back on the ground and to make him realize that she wasn't everything in life. He had Ryan and Mia, children that needed him at his best. And if Jackie couldn't realize what a good man she had lost that then she was clueless.

Fucking clueless.

~~~~~

Aren't we all in for a little treat? ;)

Demi has no clue what's going on in Jackie mind, as to why she's a complete bitch towards Logie-bear. So anti-Lovatics no hate please. Oh and have you heard her new song "Heart Attack"? Priceless!

Vote&Comment