15 - A Dance

Chapter 15

Weeks Later - Wedding Day

Your POV

I bit my lower lip, looking at myself in the mirror. The dress I had ordered online was stunning, but had it been to much for me? There was a knock on the door, I quickly said to come in. I turned to find Derek mouth-opened.

"Is it to bad?" I asked hesitantly waiting for his answer.

"No, why you look absolutely beautiful love. I bet you're going to be more beautiful than the bride herself." he complimented. I felt my cheeks get red, and warm.

"Thanks Derek. Oh and thanks for being my escort to the wedding. Means a lot." I said looking at him with his black tux and matching bow tie.

"For you my love, I'd go to the end of the world. But what? Now such endearments for myself?" he asked jokingly, grabbing his bow tie by the edges and 'adjusting'.

"Why certainly, you look just as dashing as Prince William." I said in a faux British accent. "Now you better get to moving. It's almost time for the ceremony."

Derek nodded, leaving me alone once more. I looked at my hair, wondering what shall I do with it. I quickly braided one side of it, leaving loose strands and the rest of my hair curling it on to my right side. I quickly finished, rushing downstairs and was immediately showered with compliments by my parents. "Thanks you guys, and thanks for taking care of my babies."

My parents had come from Long Beach to watch over Mia and Ryan, while I attend the wedding. My sister were going as well with their respective boyfriends. Once we said our goodbyes, Derek and I headed to the ceremony.

***

"I pronounce you husband and wife." the pastor concluded. "You may kiss the bride."

I immediately started clapping as I saw them seal their lifetime promise. Emma looked beautiful, with such gracefulness is was to much. She was glowing as she was no longer Emma Chantler, but now Mrs. Emma Schmidt. They walked down the aisle, both looking as happy and a beautiful as ever. The place was soon cleared out, and not once had I seen any sight of him.

Logan.

Truth be told I actually did want to see him, at least five seconds. Would that be too much to ask for?

I looked down to the floor, making my way out of the line of chairs, ready to head to the party room. Derek was behind me, his hand on my waist, accompanying me. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath before opening my eyes and finally spotting him, with her.

Demi.

My stomach cringed, but I had my poker face on. Hiding any particular expression that could've given my pain away, I straightened my back showing no possible sign of weakness. Derek seemed to take notice, getting a firm grip on me. I turned my eyes on him, and he winked at me, I returned a small smile.

All the guests soon headed to the reception area. Emma and Kendall had done the seating arrangements, and to my dismay I had been at the 'closest' friends table. And if you're probably wondering who was in that table well it was, Natalie, Carlos, Leslie, James, myself, Derek, Demi, and Logan.

From the corner of my eye, I could see him smiling at her, with such great care. Just like he did to me a few months ago. It's amazing how easily someone could be replaced so fast. The first dance began, the lights dimmed a bit as both bride and groom took their place in the middle of the dance floor. I shifted in my seat sideways taking a full view of them both. I took my glass of clear champagne, taking a small sip and placing it down then realizing that I eye locked with Logan.