18 - Overtaken Mind

Chapter 18

Your POV

I played the dumb card as soon as my senses came back to my body, making me process the information in my head.

"Explain what exactly?" I texted back. I waited impatiently jumping my toe on the laminate floorboards, awaiting his so called 'explanation'.

"Last night, to be exact. - Logan"

I let out a big breath, replying back. "Lemme guess... It was a mistake, it shouldn't have been done, and I got it. It's already forgotten."

After that I put my phone on silence, not wanting to hear it no longer. This was all to much, the pressure crushing my chest, not letting me breath.

I never want to know about Logan Henderson.

Ever.

Logan's POV

The text she replied with left me stunned, shocked. How can she forget something so wonderful? So beautiful? So genuine?

Was it him, Derek? No. He said he wasn't with him right now, but what if she lied? I thought to myself.

No Jackie wouldn't lie, she doesn't lie. Jackie was the most honest, reliable person anyone could ever meet, why would she lie to me saying that they're not together, even if they were? If that was the case she wouldn't have accepted to dance with me. She would have dissed me, telling me to get lost or such.

But she didn't.

Except she took my hand gracefully, and we danced, her body trembling close to mine.

I texted back, apologizing if she felt that way, but it was true. Demi and I were now together. It was time to move on, find someone who would value me as a person, a guy, a man who needed to be loved.

Well maybe I lied about being valued but it was true, I could no longer stand to be worthless in her eyes, I had to find my own bliss starting with this so called 'relationship'.

No response from Jackie was received, I guess she didn't care.

But instead I found the courage to call Demi and ask her out on a public date, a public sighting for us both.

So the media could finally confirm our relationship façade.

"Alright see you then, bye." she hung up, meeting at the restaurant was confirmed. The only restaurant in LA were a perfect view of us so the paparazzi could catch the anticipated shot.

***

Even though my eyelids were closed I could see, feel the camera flashes as we were publicly making out now, the world, and exclusively Jackie would see this. My mind took a toll of its own, gripping my -fake- girlfriends body against mine, giving the imagination less to work on.

This wasn't me, I wasn't behaving like this but I couldn't help it. It just made me kiss her more, and more. And to make things worse, I had no explanation.

~~~~~

So it's short, I know. And kinda lame. So I'm looking for a book cover artist... If anyone interested please let me know. Oh and I recently changed my Profile bio, and it's important for you guys to read it.

Absolutely important.

Vote&Comment