22 - Alone Again

Chapter 22

Logan's POV

"What's the song Jackie was singing about that you complimented on?" I asked Carlos, as I entered the studio.

"Hey Logan I'm doing swell this day, you?" he said sarcastically, as he flipped through a magazine, sitting on the black velvet couch.

"C'mon dude whats the song?"I asked annoyed.

"It's this really like tough song, kinda rock pop. It's really good, why don't you ask Deena and Mikey to give you playback." Carlos suggested putting the magazine aside.

"Do you think they'd let me hear it? They're Jackie's 'employees' per se. So it's kinda hard to ask." I confessed.

"Fine then I'll go, you follow." he said getting up.

"No.. Carlos.. Wait.!" I said trying to stop him, but it was no use. He was soon next door sweet talking Deena to give him a preview of the song. I followed steps behind.

"As much as I'd like to I can't Carlos, why don't you wait for the single release next week?" she suggested concerned.

"C'mon Deena what about for me? Just thirty second snippet." I said stepping into the conversation. Deena sighed.

"Fine, but you can't tell anyone, that I let you hear it understand?" she threatened. We both nodded, as she handed us a pair of headphones to each of us, playing Jackie's new song.

"Love will alway be a game, an eternally game of tug-a-war." That lyric was all I got, Jackie hated me.

Fine.

What other meaning could that song possibly have? It can't be about Mia and Ryan. What is up with this song? It's not like Jackie to sing this, she's usually singing happy bubble gum songs. I mean this, it's good but it's unlike her.

Maybe the nights before I really have been putting her through hell, well we both have out ourselves in that position.

"Wow." was all I could say.

"I know right, it's amazing isn't it?" Deena asked.

"Who wrote it?" I asked already knowing the answer. I handed her back the headphones and she placed them on the rack.

"Jackie did. Last night, she didn't say the reason as to why she wrote it so fast." she explained "All I know is that she wanted it in the album before the producers made any final decisions."

"So this song is really important to her isn't it?" Carlos asked.

"It seems that way, now if you guys excuse me I need to hand these papers to Henry. I'll see you guys later." she said, walking past us and into Henry's office.

"Pretty good huh?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah, it's something..." I said crossing my arms.

"Don't you like it?" he asked me as we walked out of the room and into our studio.

"Yeah, but you heard the lyrics. What if it's about me?" I asked.

"What if it isn't? You afraid of getting 'Swifted'?" he teased, I smiled slightly.

"No."

"Then stop worrying, look here soles James lets get back to work." Carlos said grabbing my shoulder comforting me.

***

Your POV

"I'm going to miss you Derek." I sobbed on Derek's shoulder.

"I know, I'm going to miss you too love. But I'll be back, promise." he assured hugging me tighter.

"And tell Katie and Toby I miss them." I added.

I let go, backing up and letting him pick up his bags. Mia stood next to Ryan's stroller in awe watching Derek leave.

"Flight to London, now boarding." The intercom buzzed.

"That's my flight. See you soon love." he said finally.

He started walking away, looking over his shoulder smiling and winking at me.

***

"He's gone? What do you mean he's gone?" Natalie asked. I had arrived home minutes later and decided to call Natalie since I felt lonely.

"He left due to a family emergency, his dad is really ill. So he had to leave." I explained.

"When will he come back?" she asked.

"I'm not sure." I replied.

"That's to bad, have you heard from Carlos?" she asked sheepishly.

"Yeah I saw him this morning he was showing me... He was showing me the new material for the album that they're working on." I said almost giving out that he was going to ask her to marry her.

"Did he ask for me?" she asked hopefully.

"Yeah, he said he misses you, and he can't wait to see you soon." I replied.

"Aww that's so sweet, I really love him Jackie. He may be the one." she said hopefully.

"Trust me Nat, he is the one." I assured, Natalie squealed.

"Did he tell you something?"'

"No, I just know that he really loves you Nat, you have nothing to worry about." I said. "Gotta go, I need to make lunch for Mia and myself."

I hung up, just thinking about how alone I was going to feel when Mia and Ryan left for Logan's. I didn't want to be alone, I just don't want to be left alone again.

Not again.

~~~~~

I'm on a roll here people! I'm so glad that I'm able to upload a chapter per day. Also please tell me what you guys think, I enjoy reading your comments!

Sorry if its short but I have other stories to work on.

Vote&Comment