25 - The Proposals

Chapter 25

Your POV

"Will you marry me?" Carlos asked. Natalie began sobbing, her hands covering her face. She nodded her reply, Carlos got up from his knee. Slowly sliding the ring onto her left hand. She kissed him hard wrapping her arms around his neck.

Everyone began clapping, this moment was perfect for my sister. The red Chinese lanterns that hung from the tree branches looked stunning.

As soon as their moment was over, Natalie hugged mom tightly, drenching her cardigan. From then on she hugged everyone, lastly Carlos. Thanking him, admiring how wrong she was to think that he might love her no more.

But he proved her wrong, at that moment they were publicly annunciating that they were going to be together.

Forever.

Tomorrow morning it'd be Leslie's turn to be asked into marriage. Something James was extremely nervous about.

I smiled looking around, finding Demi whispering something into Logan's ear. Logan nodded having a calm face.

***

The rest of the day went calmly but filled with joy. My sister radiated the happiness in her bright smile, showing off her diamond 14 karat ring.

Jealousy spiked soon, making me feel bad. I looked into my hand where my ring used to be. Now it was just a pale finger that stood alone. Emma noticed, she rubbed my shoulder giving me a on understanding nod, I smiled.

I walked away going back to the house, I saw Demi giving Logan a meaningful long hug before grabbing her bag. I was confused but I walked inside anyways asking what was going on.

"I have to go, my summer tour kicks off in a few days. It's just so much work, dance rehearsals, soundcheck." she said sighing. "Logan I'm going to take you car. Hope you don't mind."

"Not at all, I'll hitch a ride with one of the guys." he said, he ignored my presence. I quickly walked away feeling hurt.

Enraged.

I soon heard the car pull off, and she was gone. I walked over to Ryan's crib, picking him up. "Hey bud, you hungry?"

He cooed and I smiled walking over to the kitchen. I sat him on the high chair, preparing him a warm bottle. Being five months old, he was a pretty big baby. I was proud that he already wanted be so independent, trying to hold his own bottle. I took him out from the chair, taking him to my room. I sat him on his play mat that consisted of shapes and colors and all types of animals. I played with him for awhile, bonding with my baby boy.

Ryan soon fell asleep and I placed him on the center of the bed, surrounding him with all the cushions and pillows. That way he couldn't fall off, I walked out going downstairs and getting a glass of water. I was stopped by Emma.

"Hey Jackie!"

"What's up?" I said cheerfully. Emma implied her head to go to my room and talk.

***

As we settled on the leather couch next to the huge panel window she began saying what a horrible friend she was. Her eyes began to get teary, teary enough to let a teardrop fall.

"Why do you say that?" I asked comforting her.

"Oh Jackie! This is something I've been holding in since a very long time. My conscious cant take it any longer."

"Emma, you're worrying me. Please just tell me!" I pleaded confused.

"Okay from the beginning I was against it, and I still am." she began. "During your hospital stay, you got really ill, you needed a transfusion. At the time nobody was compatible with your type of blood. Except one person."