30 - Cold

Chapter 30

Cold.

That was the first thing that I felt and thought of 'I'm so cold.' I also felt numbness, through my eyelids I could see streaks of lights just forcing me to open my eyes. My head passed millions of memories, names that had to be remembered. Kendall, Carlos, James, Toby, Katie. Natalie, Leslie, my mom and dad, Ryan, Mia and Logan.

Logan.

I sighed but at that moment my lungs ached. The pain felt diluted but sure enough it was there. My body ached everywhere right to the end of my toes to the split ends of my hair. It hit me like a ton of bricks in my leg as I started gaining conscience of where I was and what was around me. I could hear very faintly beeping sounds right next to me. I gasped as I tried to open my eyes, a pair of arms grasped my hand.

"It's okay. Just open your eyes slowly."

Mom?

What was she doing here? Wasn't I lost in the middle of forest with Logan? Apparently not when I soon felt her hands run up and down my arm. "It's okay, you're safe."

At last I opened my eyes and found my mom hovering me and I tried to move my head but two small tubs up my nose connected to an oxygen tank prevented me from doing so. "I'm so glad we found you. We were worried sick!"

"Logan?" I asked, my voice was dry and croaked. My mom's shoulders slumped, her brown eyes softening.

"He's in the ICU, his wound was infected and he has malaria." I tried to get up quickly, but my mom pushed me back.

"I have to see him!" I forced.

"No, you still need to stay here, that snake bite lowered your defenses. Just wait, let me get a nurse now that you're awake." My mom walked over to the door and just as she was about to walk out I called out.

"Mom?"

"Yes." It wasn't a question just an answer to my soon to be question. 'Is he going to alright?'

Doctors and nurses came back and forth checking up on me. People came and visited me but I received the strangest visit from the person I least expected.

Her hair wasn't curly and unruly as I was used to seeing it, it was slick straight. It had a few honey-colored highlights and her curves had softened from being a mother. Her once defying eyes held a sympathy towards me, that surprised me.

"Chelsea?"

She took a seat next to me and just smiled. "I took the first flight here as soon as I heard the news that you guys were lost. I'm so glad you're okay."

Her voice once so sharp and threatening had a soothing tone. I looked at her hands and had them clamped together, I noticed a ring on her left hand.

Huh.

"That's really nice of you. How's the baby?" I asked. She smiled taking out her phone.

"It's a girl, her name is Madison." She showed me a few pictures, she was utterly adorable. She had no trace of her father Chris in her face expression.

"She's adorable, and she doesn't look like him." Chelsea nodded and placed her phone back into her red bag.

"Thank God for that, right now she's back home with my husband, Dan."

"You got married?" Curiosity questioned.

"Yeah, he was the friend that I moved in with once I got to New York. I don't know I guess there he kinda won me over." Chelsea looked happy and not that magazine-faked happy. "He's taken Madison as his own daughter, that right there had sealed the deal."