20 - Because of Love

Chapter 20

Your POV

"I had a really great time Derek!" I said as we walked up to the front door. I crossed my arms along my chest as he began to take out his own copy of the house key.

His fingers fumbling, he dropped them to the floor. We both reached for them at the same time, our fingers touching slightly. I picked them up first handing them to him.

"I'm glad you had an enchanting time my love." he said as he pushed away strands of my hair from my face, turning into a gentle caressing on the cheek. The distance between us getting smaller, what on earth was he doing? Trying to kiss me obviously.

But what did I have to lose?

My eyes began to close, as I wrapped my hands around his waist, his both hands on my face hold it tightly, but gently.

When the lights of a car showed up on my driveway, I pulled away to find it was Logan's car. I looked at Derek who was uncomfortable from the look of his face.

"I'll be inside love." he said flatly as Logan stepped out of the car with Mia. I nodded as he placed a kiss on my cheek, and disappeared into the house.

"Mommy!" Mia squealed as she let go of Logan's hand and ran to me. I got on my knees waiting for her embrace, she arrived on full impact, making me almost fall.

"Hey baby girl, what are you doing here?" I asked, looking into her blue orbs, the blue ocean eyes that made fall in love with her in the first place.

"I missed you and I told daddy to come bring me home." she explained.

I quickly got up on my feet, taking notice of Logan right on the foot of the steps. "Mia why don't you go inside, Derek should be there. I'll be right there to tuck you in. Kay?"

She nodded without hesitating, skipping happily inside. I turned my view towards Logan once more. "Where's Ryan?"

"With James and Carlos, he was asleep and I didn't want to wake him. I want to finish my week with him, I'll have to find a way with Mia." he said as he handed me Mia's pink book-bag. He seemed kinda down, not wanting to look me in the eyes.

"That sounds fine." I replied, swinging the bag around my shoulder.

"Just one more thing..." he began, "try not to look like a tramp before your own child."

I don't know how it happened, or how fast. My right hand stung with pain, the back of my brain burned with rage. And Logan's hand was on his affected cheek.

I had slapped him.

"How dare you call me tramp? What gives you the motives to do so?" I asked walking his way. Not only did it stung my hand, but my heart.

"Well the way you're dressed and by how you were almost going to kiss him seemed pretty trampy-like to me." he answered.

"Why do you care? Why do you want to know? I'm not questioning you on how deliberately you had your tongue deep inside her throat on national tv. Am I doing that? No, so stop it! Just get out of my life!" I screamed, almost crying.

I began to walk away when he pulled my arm and made me turn to him, gripping my arms tightly . "Sadly I can't get out of your life like you and I want so badly, we both are parents to the same children. And as long as that is out there, there is nothing neither you and I can do. So deal with it."

He let go, without a single word and got into his car, screeching the tires and leaving. I quickly got inside closing the door behind me, fixing myself best as I could to see Mia.

I took off my heels running up the stairs and into Mia's room. Just to find her asleep next to Derek. I knocked on the door and Derek smiled getting up carefully.

He walked my way, past me whispering good night. I grabbed his hand, returning him.

"Yeah?" he asked confused. I walked him past Mia's room and into mine.

"There's something that was interrupted." I explained, crushing my lips into his.

His hands quickly found his way onto my waist, my around his neck.

For brief seconds on our kissing he hesitated, but soon gave into. My hands slid along his smooth button shirt and slowly began undoing one button at a time.

"Are you sure about this?" Derek asked as he pulled away. I headed to the door closing it as softly so Mia wouldn't listen. Then I walked back to Derek and kissed him again.

"Don't question it." I panted, as he started unzipping the back of my dress.

***

Logan's POV

I was beyond enraged, how could she do that? How can she ask me to stay out of her life when I can't. I still love her.

Always will.

My phone started ringing, unknown number. "Hello?"

"I hear you're staying away from Jackie. Good to hear, make sure you keep it that way."

Chris.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

"All I want is Jackie, you know that. Why is that so hard to understand?" he asked childishly.

"Well I don't think you should be worrying about me, there's someone else."

"Who?" he growled.

"Derek Lane."

***

Your POV

I woke up alone in bed, the covers to my neck as it was a chilly morning.

I pushed the covers off of me and sat up, slipping into my slippers. I headed to the bathroom, brushing my teeth. Then making my way downstairs, as I passed Mia's room I noticed she was still asleep.

This morning was unusual, usually coffee would fill up the entire room but today was not one of the usual days. I walked into the living room finding Derek with a cup of spearmint tea.

"Morning." I greeted taking a seat on the seat across from him.

"Morning Jackie, I'm afraid I have some news." he said.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked cautiously.

"No, it's about last night." he began.

My color drained, last night. The memories flooded my brain, I, Jackie was a terrible person.

"Derek I'm so sorry!" I said.

"Actually I was going to thank you." he said smiling, I was beyond confused. He was happy, usually when a girl backs out on sex a guy gets pissed.

But Derek wasn't any guy, he was simply good-hearted Derek.

"Why's that?" I asked confused, crossing my legs onto the couch.

"Because I was fully committed to the moment. Bloody hell! I was willing to take you beyond ecstasy, Jackie. But the moment you stopped me. I wasn't mad, I was relieved." he said. I raised my eyebrows.

"You were relieved? Why?"

"Because I wasn't going to take you while you were enraged. I wasn't going to take advantage of that opportunity. I mean I could've but, I didn't. If you and I, or any other girl were in that moment. I'd like the person to be as much in love as I am." he explained.

My heart cringed, Derek was amazing. And the fact that I was a complete bitch last night killed me. That and I can't love him like he'd want me to.

Because I still love him.

Because of stupid love.

~~~~~

Haha bet you didn't see that coming, did you?

Sorry it's short.!

xoxo

In My Viens (Sequel to "Enchanted")जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें