Chapter 19

Mark's POV

"Get off me Mark"

"No"

"Get offfffffff"

"Nooooooooooo"

"Maaaaaarrrrkkkkkkk"

"Jaaaaaackkkkkk"

"Get off of me ya big goof "

"But I don't wannnaaaaa"

"You're acting like a child. Now get off me leg"

Jack tried to shake me off his leg. I just sat there on the ground holding his leg like a little kid.

"Fine." I get up. He laughs.

"But I don't want you to leave." I say.

"Mark I'm literally 5 minutes away. It's a quick drive."  Jack says. He had his bags around him. I didn't care if he lived right around the corner. I didn't want him to leave. I'm going to be alone in this house again with no one but Chica.  I frowned.

"Hey come on, don't be upset." Jack pulls me close and gives me a peck on the lips. He smiled.

"Now let's go. They're gonna bring the furniture in any minute now." He says as he gets his bags and leaves. I follow.

~

We arrived at Jack's place. It seems more homey in here now. Jack hung up some paintings and set up his tv. There's some decorations in the kitchen. It's pretty nice. All that's missing is the sofas and some curtains.

"Wow this place looks nice." I say.

"Thanks. I've been working on it a little more. Just tryin' to make myself more at home." He says.

We walk upstairs into his office.

"Can you finish putting up the rest of the padding while I set up my computer and shit?" He asks.

"Oh yeah yeah" I reply. He points to the box with the rest of the padding and I get to work. I didn't take long for me to finish putting everything up. I looked over at Jack. It seems like he's having some troubling with the wires.

"Do you need any help?" I ask walking over to him. He looks up from the wire sweating a little bit.

"God it's hot as all hell in here!" I chuckled at that.

"I'm going to go buy an A/C for you. I'll be back in a little." I say. Before he can say anything I hurried down the stairs and got my keys.

~

Walmart wasn't that far. Maybe like a good 10-15 minutes away? It was worth it anyway. Anything for Jack.

I found a spot and parked. The cool air hit my face immediately as I walked in.

"Hi welcome" the lady at the door says with a cheery smile. I smiled back. I grab a cart and quickly start to look for an A/C. Luckily I found one. Wasn't too expensive. On my way to the cashier I passed by the garden section.

Maybe Jack would enjoy some house plants. Would make his place more... Comfy. I decided to go look at some plants. There were all sorts of stuff there. I got Jack a nice potted fern.

"Hi!" A voice says from a distance. I got startled. I looked behind me. It was an elderly woman. I smiled at her.

"That's a nice plant. Great for houses. Doesn't need much water. Planning to buy it?" He asks sweetly.

"Yes. I'm getting it for my boyfriend actually. He just moved into a new house a couple days ago."

The woman was surprised by the fact that I said I had a boyfriend.

"Oh! Is a gift? That's sweet." She smiled.

"We have these flowers surprises, I bet your guy would love it."

"Really?"

"Yes. We send bunches of flowers to people all nice and pretty. You can have them assorted and attach a note to them. It's a nice gift." She says. I immediately wanted that for Jack.

"That's awesome! Can I do that?"

"Of course. I can take you over here."

Jack was going to love this.