Chapter 8

Mark's POV

I feel shitty. I'm so stupid. Why did I do that?! The sun lit up the room. I just laid on the bed. Feeling bad about myself. I regret everything yesterday. I mean that kiss was just amazing. It was even better than I imagined. Jack was so warm and welcoming. He tasted so sweet and soft. I just keep replaying that moment in my head over and over and over...

Suddenly the door opens. Jack stood in the doorway.

"Hey..." He said. He scratched the back of his neck then looked at me. "Mark, I didn't mean to be so harsh yesterday. I was just so confused and I didn't want to ruin our friendship and my relationship" He said.

I got up and walked over to him. We locked eyes.

"Jack, everything I said yesterday... About how I loved you.... It was all true" I continue, "And if you would just please give me a chance... Maybe it won't be so bad"

"I don't know Mark..."

"Please... Let me take you out for a date. Just one date. And if you decide that it's not for you, then I'll back off." I say.

"Um..." He hesitated. "It's just one date right?" I nod. "...umm I guess, if it's just one date.... Sure why not?"

I was ecstatic. I was going to go on a date with him. I can't believe it.

"Alright then. Thank you Jack." I said nonchalantly.

"You're welcome" he replied. Then he left downstairs to go get some breakfast.

I quickly got dressed and joined him downstairs. I will make this the best date he's ever gone on.