Chapter 7

Jack's POV

Did Mark just say he loves me?

No I must have misheard. Or interrupted him mid-sentence. Either way, he couldn't have said he loves me. We're best friends, and besides I have a girlfriend and he has a girlfriend. We're both happy in the relationships we're in. Yeah...

I just laid there on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Just lost in my own thoughts. Then I heard a knock on my door. Mark walked in. I sat up.

"Hey Mark."

"Hey Jack"

There was a pause. Then he walked over to me and sat down.

"Jack... I-" he hesitated then began again.

"Jack, I love you"

Then there was a longer pause. He looked at me. Then he pulled me close and kissed me. He tasted sweet and warm. It was a long and nice kiss. But what the fuck was I doing?! I pulled away. He whimpered.

"Mark. Why are you doing this?" I shook my head.

"Jack.." He said softly.

"Mark" I look at him. I was so confused.  "What about Alyssa?"

"We broke up a few weeks ago. She broke up with me because I was in love with you..." He explained.

"But we can't. I have a girlfriend. She's back in Ireland"

"So break up with her. We could be happy together." He said moving closer to me. I pushed him way.

"No Mark. We can't do this. I'm happy" I said. I can see that he was hurt by that. He put his head down.

"I see..." He says. Then he looks back at me. "... But I can give you things that she can't give you. I can... I can..." I stop him there.

"Mark, you have to understand... I can't do this with you." I said. His face dropped.

"Okay then. I'm sorry." He says. Then he gets up and he leaves the room.