"I'm sorry to tell you this but your mother just passed away last night. We tried calling but someone else answered the phone so we decided to tell you in person. I'm really sorry for your loss Mrs. Mitchel... here are the remainder of her things." The woman hands me a box of stuff.

I tried to stop the tears from falling down my face but I couldn't. Even though she left... She's still my mother. I smiled at the lady and thanked her before closing the door. Mason looked at me and frowned.

"Mama okay?" He asked and wiped my tears.

"Yeah baby... Mama's okay." 

Later that night

I finally got Mason to bed and now I'm sitting in my kitchen drinking a glass of wine, while tears pour down my face. I get up and sit on the window bench thing and watch the rain drops slide down my window. I was just sitting there thinking of everything that's happened so far and how much everythings changed in the last 3 years... when the someone began banging on my door. I cursed under my breathe and dashed for the door. I swear if they wake up Mason, I'm murdering everyone!

"What?!" I whisper yell 

"Oh.. I'm sorry. Uh can I hide in your apartment please.... like now. Please. Let me in." The guy asked anxiously 

"Uh... why? You could kill me and no one would know." I say suspiciously

"Please I'm hiding from someone! Please she's coming!" He whispers 

I give in after looking at his scared facial expression and let him in. He rushes in and slams the door. I flinch and scowl at him.

Just then Mason starts crying.

"Idiot!" I hiss

I trudge to Mason's room and grab him before coming back into the living room. I look and see the man I just moronically let into my home walking around the living room taking everything in. He's staring at pictures and picks one up. I just stand there staring while running Mason's back.

"Mama who?" Mason asks through his binkie.

The guy jumps slightly at the sound of Mason and turns around. He looks from me to Mason and opens his mouth slightly.

"I'm sorry I woke him." 

"It's fine.."

The mystery guy was cute if I do say so myself... He was very tall, 6'0 maybe. He has the nicest blue-greenish eyes and red hair. He seemed very nice and gentle but then again I'm not taking any chances. 

"I-I'm sorry I just banged on your door like that... I have a good reason. I promise I'm not some serial killer."

"It's fine.. Would you like something to drink? Are you hungry? Do you want some new clothes or a blanket?" I ask

"I'd like something to drink thank you. And I don't wanna bother you for clothes." He smiled

Damn... that's a killer smile.

"It's fine.. you must be freezing. You're soaking wet and you're shivering." I state

I walk away and put Mason back to bed after I realize he's fallen asleep. I go into the empty room and take out some of Tara's boyfriends clothes and give them to the man. I walk back into the living room and hand the man the clothes. 

"Here you go... If you wanna take a warm shower or bath.. you can. I'll just get you a towel."

"Oh.. thank you." He smiles and looks down

I walk to my closet and grab a towel. I walk back over to the man and watch as he walks into the bathroom. I start boiling some milk to make hot chocolate while I wait. When I was done, so was the guy. He comes out in a wife beater, and some sweatpants. And let me tell you.... it was beautiful.