The Accident

"Honey... come out. Please." My mother pleaded

It's been 2 days since I found out that Cam got into an accident. And I honestly couldn't find it in myself to do anything.

*The day of the Accident*

I was home studying for my mid term final... when Noel came banging on the door. It scared me, of how hard and fast he was banging, so I jumped and swung it open.

"Get dressed! Now. Cameron's going to the hospital." He panted out of breath

My heart literally stopped and dropped. This can't be happening. He is everything. No please don't take him from me. I just couldn't help but stand there for a little bit before Noel turned me around and walked me to the room. I threw on Cam's sweatshirt, and my ugg boots. I turned everything off, grabbed my keys, and phone. Literally slamming the door and leaving. 

"What happened?" I asked

"Accident. It wasn't his fault." He said softly

I put my head down and my heart just couldn't stop beating. All these horrible scenarios going off in my head. I started to fidget and bounce my leg. Noel noticed and grabbed my hand. I smiled as much as I could but it wasn't even a smile.. 

Finally after what felt like years, we got to the hospital. I threw the door open and ran inside. Not caring about the door, or other cars. I even left Noel behind. I just ran, almost dying in the process but I don't care.

"Where is he? Cameron Monaghan! Where's my baby?" I said frantically at the receptionist

"Are you family?"

"Just fucking tell me where he is! I swear if I don't get to see him, I'm gonna loose my shit." I shouted beginning to hyperventilate and panic. My eyes began to water and I couldn't breathe.

"Where the fuck is he?!" I shouted

"Hey, hey... it's okay. I got her. I know where he is." Noel said soothingly to me and the lady

I nodded and he held me while we went to his room. We got in the elevator and he clicked 8. 8th floor... that's intensive care. Oh God please no. I began to panic again. But finally the doors opened and we got out. We walked fast towards his room when I saw everyone. His mom, Emmy, Jeremy, everyone. They all looked up at us and Emmy moved her head to the side and began to walk over to me as she saw me crying. I ran and hugged her and just cried. 

"How is he?" I asked between sobs

She didn't say anything. Just held me tighter.

"Mrs. Monaghan?" A male doctor spoke

Everyone got up and walked over to him. Waiting, listening to anything about him.

"How's my boy? How is he?" His mother asked

"Uh. I'm really sorry to say this but... Cameron isn't responding to us. His heart is still beating but he isn't gonna last very long." He said and put his head down

His mother began to cry and that's when I broke. I dropped and Emmy caught me and held me as I cried.

"I'm really sorry, we are trying everything." He apologized

"Can we see him?" Jeremy asked

"Uh, since there are so many of you... only 3 at a time. I'm sorry."

"Go ahead mom, he needs you." Emmy said

"Millie? Come with me?" Diane asked

I looked up at her and ran to her. She hugged me and smiled. Emmy came too. We followed the doctor to his room and I hesitated before going in. As soon as I looked inside, there he was. All bruised up, with scratches everywhere, and unconscious. I began to cry again. Diane walked over to him and held his hand. I noticed her tears rolling down her cheeks. I just stood by the door crying.