"You worked for the Gazette, yeah?"

Hey everyone!!! I know I've been gone for quite some time and I am so sorry! A lot has happened with me but I am trying to get back into writing so I hope you guys like this one!

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"J-Jerome Valeska???! Are you sure? He is a very dangerous man. Why would you want to start me with him??" I stammer

"Billie you are the most talented writer in this firm. You have been raving about doing an enormous piece like this. Why are you so scared?" Thomas Jameson, my boss raises his eyebrow at me.

"Mr. Jameson, sir. I have been waiting for three years to be even the tiniest bit close to working here. When I got the call to meet with you... I was... ecstatic! But, Jerome Valeska is a known murderer. He would surely take the chance to kill me." I sigh

"If you don't want this piece, Billie than I'll just give it to Peter." Jameson swivelled his chair and stared outside.

"No! No... I'll take it. When do I meet him?"

"Today. You have about two hours before you have to be at Arkham. I would suggest going home, freshening up, and preparing yourself. You better be there fifteen minutes early. This is a huge piece for the entire firm."

"Yes, sir. I'll be on my way then." I smile curtly before walking to my desk and grabbing my things.

I make my way to the elevator and quickly get my bearings together before hopping in my car and speeding my way home. My mind a million miles a minute...

"How can I go through the rest of my day this way?? Jerome Valeska?! How on earth am I gonna do this?! Why would Jameson pick me?" I rambled up all the way to my apartment.

Once I get to my door and step into my apartment , I immediately know there's something off. I look around and grab my umbrella that's sitting by the door and scan my safe space for whatever is causing the disturbance. About half way through the living room someone pops up from behind my bathroom door and I shriek like my life depends on it. Which in this case, it does!

"Mandy! What the hell are you doing?!" I shriek bringing the umbrella down

"Jesus! You weren't answering your phone! Why did you grab the umbrella dumbass?!" Mandy shrieks back

"I thought you were a murderer! God!" I shake my head and put the umbrella back.

I walk past her before heading to the bathroom to relieve myself before hopping in the shower. Reminding myself I am not done for the day, just getting myself prepared for the worst project ever known to man.

"Why are you home so early?" Mandy asks from her room

"I have to freshen up and get myself together before I have to go to Arkham..."

"Arkham!?! Why the hell are you going to Arkham, Billie?!" Mandy comes barging into the bathroom just as I hop in the shower.

"I got put on a piece for the firm... Jameson says I'm the best person qualified to do it. If not, he'd give it to Peter." I sigh

"Peter? That man couldn't get a piece that important done like you would. Screw him."

"I don't have to. You already did that, thank you." I glare through the shower curtain

"OH you can't still be mad at me about it! It was ONE TIME and I didn't know you had a crush on him. I'm sorry." Mandy grunts

"It's whatever, he has a fiance now. She's actually quite perfect for him too! They apparently knew each other in high school and she left to England for college and came back like a year ago! They're really cute together too!" I ramble on